Facebook is more than a social networking company – we provide a platform to build communities and help connect people around the world.
A core value is to scale the business by putting our people first. Our Technical Support team is uniquely positioned to propel the Facebook employee experience to the next level providing a tech support experience that is second to none!
Do you enjoy solving tech-related problems and thrive on helping people?
Our goal is to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness across our brands of companies (Facebook, internet.org, Instagram, Oculus and WhatsApp). Candidates must be passionate about technology, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
If you have a real desire to get involved in a stimulating environment, we have an exciting opportunity at the heart of our internal IT support team. You will join our Enterprise Support Team, who are responsible for helping internal colleagues to resolve their tech issues to enable them to do their best work each day. This is an opportunity to start your ICT career off with us, to learn, to grow and to contribute to our ongoing story here at Facebook.
At Facebook, supporting our employees is a core part of how we do business. From our generous benefits to our robust diversity programs, we’re focused on empowering all our employees — from people of colour and LGBTQ employees to veterans and the differently abled — to live life to the fullest and bring their best selves to work, each and every day. We’re proud of our supportive and inclusive culture, and are dedicated to making Facebook welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us.
As an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice at Facebook you will have the opportunity to work alongside our London based Helpdesk Team supporting our colleagues both in person and remotely through our different support channels. You will be the first point of contact for many different types of requests gaining experience troubleshooting multiple computing platforms including Mac, Windows, Linux, IOS and Android.
Facebook and our training provider Just IT will collaborate to ensure that you are provided with continuous training and development, 20% of your development will be a combination of:
Theory such as: lectures, role playing, simulation exercises, online learning or manufacture training Practical training: Mentoring, shadowing, industry visits from your dedicated business coach Learning support and time spent writing assignments / assessments
Whilst the remaining 80% will be on the job learning, with a tailored development plan and opportunities to increase your skills throughout, you will receive support from your manager, buddy and mentor to aid you in securing a permanent role in one of our teams, a competitive salary along with other generous benefits.
This is an 18 month advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship program in the London Enterprise Tech team in conjunction with our training provider, Just IT.
Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, Enterprise Support Tech Responsibilities
· Troubleshoot or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required until the issue has been resolved
· Ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are presented and escalated, as well as when necessary, being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing mobile devices and application system environment (whether locally at the Helpdesk or remotely)
· Utilize excellent customer service skills and ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of trouble tickets as you grow your knowledge of IT procedures, products, and services
· Use performance reporting and user analysis to identify appropriate user training initiatives to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and adoption of technology in relation to the software and systems that Facebook utilize
· Act as a stakeholder for driving enhancements and improving support for all Enterprise Engineering
· Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Facebook headquarters to ensure consistency across the Enterprise Engineering Organization
· Available to travel to other Facebook locations across the UK/Ireland to support offices and wider Enterprise Engineering teams
· Ability to provide engaging, informative, well-organized evidential feedback where required.
· Observe and comply with Facebook’s policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Equality and Diversity
· Continually promote equal opportunities, health and safety and customer care in compliance with organizational aims and objectives
· Work proficiently with minimal daily guidance
· Develop and nurture strong customer relationships with key business stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Facebook
· Provide customer service expertise that is an example to the rest of your team in how to deliver customer focused service and constantly drive improvements in the ‘customer experience’
· Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 – 4 (including English & Maths), Functional Skills
· Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience
· Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
· Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom
· A strong interest in conducting an Apprenticeship program as an alternative to attending University
· Must not be in full or part time education upon starting the Apprenticeship
· Ability to work independently and within a team
· Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
· Proactive, self-motivated with a positive attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills (ICT / Computer Science (GCSE or A Level)
· Curiosity or experience in support and troubleshooting Windows or Mac OS platforms (Max OSX 10.10+, Windows 8 or above) including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android mobile operating systems
· Curiosity or experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals
· Curiosity or experience working with cloud based file sharing services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, or equivalent.