The Georgia Credit Recovery program offers students the opportunity to retake the coursework necessary to earn the credits required for graduation. It is certainly an opportunity for all those who failed to earn the necessary course credits.
These courses have flexible schedules to fit the needs of all students who need them. These are programs for students to complete the necessary credits based on content standards proficiency.
What you need to know about Georgia Credit Recovery
With Georgia Credit Recovery, you enjoy an efficient and flexible learning experience in a teacher-free environment. All courses are aligned to established state standards, and assignments, quizzes, and tests can be completed outside school.
Passing a final exam or Milestone EOC test is required to complete the course. For students’ convenience, final exams are available through the digital course.
Conversely, students who wish to take the EOC course for the EOC Milestone Test must take it at the local high school. In addition, you must contact the school where you are studying to find out if they are eligible for the Georgia Credit Recovery Program.
In the programs, you can find core courses and limited electives, all of which are required for graduation from a Georgia public high school. The programs are offered free of charge. However, the local school will have re-enrollment fees.
Courses available in Georgia credit recovery
There are different alternatives as mentioned above. There is a wide variety to provide ample options for all students:
- Ninth-grade language arts
- Tenth-grade language arts
- American Literature
- English Literature
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Earth systems
- Environmental science
- Physical Science
- GSE Algebra 1
- GSE Algebra 2
- Geometry GSE
- GSE Precalculus
- Mathematics of Finance
- American Government
- Economics (to be retired 01/31/2023)
- Personal Finance and Economics (Available 02/01/2023)
- U.S. History
- World Geography
- World History
Program Eligibility Requirements
To qualify, schools must meet certain requirements imposed by Georgia credit recovery. Their requirements are usually basic, such as:
- Students enrolling in credit recovery must have previously failed the course
- Schools must agree to provide a credit recovery site coordinator
- Schools will transcribe a second-course grade to reflect the credit recovery score on the official high school transcript
- If a GA Milestone EOC is required, the public school student must retest at the end of the credit recovery course
- Students will take the GA Milestone EOC at their local public school. All private school students must take the final exam available in the credit recovery course
How the courses work
Now, students will take a test before the start of each unit. If the score is 70% or higher, the student can access each lesson, see the material they need to review, and then proceed with the quiz.
If instead, the test score is less than 70%, the student must view all content items in the unit. Taking care of each choice made in the different units is necessary. After completing all the elements, they can access the next test.
On the other hand, the following unit tests/final exams/EOC assessments are recorded in the final grade. One or two essays are also required for ELA courses to contribute to the final grade.