It is possible to create invoices for digital goods on PayPal. It involves a process that is not complicated but to which you must pay attention if you want the correct result. Here are all the things to keep in mind when preparing an invoice for digital goods on PayPal.
Invoices for digital products on PayPal are convenient because they allow, centralizing everything in the application, to send a link to your customer that leads him directly to the invoice. The invoice can be reviewed online and paid online by debit or credit card and PayPal’s wallet.
What do PayPal invoices look like?
PayPal invoices are sent through the application itself. It is possible to access templates for commercial invoices. These templates, transformed into a legal invoice, can be sent by e-mail and paid by the recipient via a link using PayPal.
It should be noted that this is an invoicing method that is recommended primarily for those who centralize a large part of their payments through PayPal. If your payments come from multiple sources, it is not a good option, and, in that case, you should use an accounting program with more functionalities.
What PayPal’s digital goods invoices allow you to do. PayPal digital goods invoices provide some really interesting benefits for anyone who receives most of their payments through this application.
Some of the things that you can benefit from an invoice on PayPal are:
- Easy billing system
- Your customers will be able to quickly and securely access and pay invoices from a single link
- Invoice templates can be generated so that you can streamline payments for regular customers. You can also create invoice forms that can be auto-completed when using the templates
- The invoicing system incorporates tools such as tax calculation, which makes it easier to create invoices than other systems such as an Excel sheet
- The invoice can also be sent through the mobile application
In addition to all this, you have to consider that customization is very high. You can configure the invoice in great detail.
On the less positive side, you should consider that this is not accounting software. This means that advanced features such as tax forecast calculation or expense management are not built-in.
On the other hand, PayPal fees can sometimes be high, although no fees apply when money is received from another channel.
How do I customize a PayPal invoice?
PayPal invoices can be customized quite easily. From the invoice template itself, you must choose the preview and modify all the data you want in the edition to access the modification.
As we indicated before, it is possible to save forms to reuse them. This will help you have different invoice templates that are very useful for customers who generate frequent payments.
What do you have to do to create an invoice for digital products on PayPal?
It is a simple process that will allow you to create and send your invoices for digital products to customers who purchase those products. The steps are as follows:
- Choose an electronic invoice template (there are many free options).
- Select the invoice creation option
- Add your invoicing data
- Add customer data
- Add data related to the payment (dates, amount, etc.).
Once the invoice has been created, it is time to send it. To send the invoice from PayPal, you must follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Choose the option to receive payments and to invoice
- Select the Invoice creation and management option
- Create the invoice (or add)
- Send the invoice
As you have a good amount of customization possibilities (in addition to the three standard PayPal templates), you should choose which of the different styles or options you choose to send to your customers.