It is the most convenient, simple, and widely accepted form of shopping, especially in the last decade. While shopping online, you do not necessarily need to use your debit card or credit card. You can also use your checking account information while shopping through online stores.
Paying with a checking account is one of the most versatile methods when shopping online. Here we will be discussing a few stores online.
Create a Paypal Account
Using a PayPal account gives you the flexibility to transfer money online using multiple payment methods including a debit card, a credit card, and a checking account. It is a platform that allows you as a user to shop and pay online.
You can store multiple payment methods on your PayPal account and opt for either while processing payments. The advantage of using a PayPal account to shop online is that PayPal has a wide network of connected businesses.
While using PayPal, it might take a few days before your PayPal account s verified and ready to use.
The advantage of the shop online and paying later can be availed either using a PayPal account, paper check, or e-check. If neither of these options is available for you, you could use your account number and routing information for paying via a checking account. The process is straightforward.
Follow these steps to use the feature
– Go to the online store where you want to buy from.
– Add the products you wish to buy to your cart.
– In the payment method choose to pay via checking account.
– Add the required bank details.
– Continue the process.
Let us know about some online stores that facilitate pay via checking account method of payment:
- Amazon.com: Yes! You can choose to pay with a checking account on Amazon. All you need is an Amazon account and an ACH-approved bank checking account. You can conveniently store your bank’s checking account information on your Amazon account.
Non-United States accounts won’t be accepted i.e. they cannot avail pay with a checking account option.
Amazon does not allow the use of a business account or savings account for payment purposes. You need to have a checking account for payment purposes. As said, store your checking account information on your Amazon account, and you will be able to purchase via pay with a checking account.
- Bloomingdale’s: Bloomingdale’s is another online shopping brand that allows you to shop online and pay via checking account. It allows you to pay online via a checking account using a PayPal account. By choosing PayPal, you can opt to pay either using a debit card, credit card, or checking account. Enjoy the quick and easy payment!
- Best Buy: Using Best Buy online shopping store allows you to pay via checking account using electronic checks. They are another straightforward and quick way to pay via your checking account.
Before you could proceed with electronic checks payment for Best Buy, you first need to get an electronic check number from your checking account’s bank. The process of using an electronic check is similar to that of paper checks; the electronic checks need to be approved first.
Once your electronic check is approved, your Best Buy order will be approved and you will receive your order.
- Abercrombie & Fitch: The clothing retailer seller accepts payment through PayPal. It is easy to choose the payment via PayPal. Follow the regular steps: Add items to your account’s cart, Proceed to the cart, and choose PayPal as a payment option. Doing this will allow you to pay via your checking account.
- QVC: QVC is a popular apparel brand that allows you to shop online and pay via the traditional paper check. Add your items to your cart, now under the payment section, choose the “check/money order” option. Send the paper check via mail to the store at the given store address. Once the store receives the check, it will undergo approval, and upon approval, you will be delivered your purchased product. Yes, this payment method might take more time than others, so in case of emergency, it is advisable to choose from either PayPal or e-checks.
Several other online stores accept pay via checking accounts. Vistaprint accepts electronic checks, even Nordstorm accepts electronic checks, Foot locker accepts pay using checking accounts via Apple Pay, and Macy’s accepts payments via PayPal.
While choosing to pay via checking account, it is advised to keep the receipt of the transaction. It would help mitigate if the product received is faulty or a different product is received.
Are there any thefts involved in payment via checking account?
Well, almost all modes of payment have certain risks involved, be it offline cash payments or online payments. The severity of risks involved differs on what mode of payment is used.
Some risks that are involved in payment via checking account are:
Data theft: To quickly access the payment or to avoid entering account information every time, we usually store the data on the app/website. There remains a chance of data being given to a third party if the website is not trustworthy.
Security breach: If the website is not secure, hackers can break into the website and your critical data is at risk of being stolen.
Phishing schemes: You might receive malicious emails or texts that would redirect you to a site and ask you to enter personal information.
Shop online and paying via a checking account is a great choice of payment. Yes, there are risks involved, but being careful and taking preventive actions will keep you safe from the risks involved.
Also, before entering sensitive information such as your checking account number, routing information, and other details, make sure that the website or application you are using is reputed. It would help prevent you from being trapped in risks.
As long as you take precautions, you can enjoy shopping online and paying via a checking account. Enjoy shopping!