If you have subscribed to Speechify for your free trial, but the expiration date is coming, and you have not yet unsubscribed, you must do so before the free trial expires, or you will be charged for the next month.
It’s recommended that you write the expiration date down somewhere you won’t forget to avoid having to pay for the billing corresponding to the subscription of this service. It is also important to know how to cancel Speechify before the end of the free trial.
What is Speechify?
Speechify is a platform that allows you to convert texts to audio, i.e., it reads and transforms PDF files, Notepad notes, Word documents, or any text to audiobooks. Speechify gives its subscribers a free trial to enjoy their favorite books while listening to them.
People often don’t have enough time to immerse themselves in a physical book, so it’s a great alternative to enjoy an audiobook while you’re commuting to work, exercising, on the go, or anytime. With Speechify, you can listen to books, and, in addition, increase the playback speed so that you can finish your reading faster.
What are the types of Speechify subscriptions?
Speechify offers its members two different types of subscriptions. On the one hand, you can access Speechify Basic, which is free. You can also opt for Speechify Premium, a free upgrade for more benefits.
When paying for Speechify Premium, you will have to pay an annual subscription of $139, as the platform does not have the option to pay monthly. The free trial lasts three days and must be canceled at least 24 hours before it expires.
- More than 20 different languages.
- Listen at 1x speed.
- More than 30 natural, high-quality voices are available.
- Tools available to take notes and highlight excerpts.
- Scan or listen to any text from a physical book.
- 10 standard voices are available.
- Listen at 1x speed anywhere.
What are the restrictions of the Speechify free trial?
If you don’t want to pay for a premium subscription, you can choose the free version of Speechify, but with certain restrictions. For those with the free option, Speechify users can read up to 1500 words, while those with the premium plan can enjoy up to 150,000 words.
If you add the Speechify extension to Google Chrome, you can use it to renew the free subscription limit. If you do not cancel your subscription in time, you will have to pay the renewal fee. Please note that Speechify does not provide refunds.
How to access the Speechify free trial?
Before signing up for the Speechify free trial, please remember that you must cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends. Otherwise, you will receive additional charges. The free trial lasts three days, so you must cancel it on the second day.
To sign up for Speechify and take advantage of the free trial, follow these steps:
- Create a Shopify account or log in if you have one.
- Select a payment method, either PayPal or credit card.
- Your request will be accepted if the payment method is recognized as eligible for use.
- Click continue to start using the Speechify 3-day free trial.
After canceling the subscription, although you will not be billed for the next month, you will not be able to continue using the free trial. If you were charged, you will not receive a refund.
How to cancel the Speechify free trial via PayPal
If you wish to cancel your Speechify subscription from your PayPal account, there are a few simple steps to follow:
- Login in with your PayPal account.
- Click on your Profile button at the top of the screen.
- Go to the “My Money” section.
- Click on “Update” next to “My pre-approved payments”.
- Then select your payment method (PayPal).
- To finish, click on “Cancel”.
How to cancel Speechify from the web
To cancel Speechify from a computer, you must log in to your default browser, then log in to the official Speechify website.
- Go to your Speechify profile.
- Log in with the email address you used to purchase the subscription.
- Select “Billing”.
- Then click “Cancel”.
How to cancel Speechify by email
If you prefer to cancel by email, you must send an email to email@example.com requesting the cancellation of the service.
How to cancel Speechify via iPhone
- Go to “Configuration”.
- Tap on your name.
- Locate the “Subscriptions” section.
- Tap on the Speechify subscription.
- Select “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the screen.
If you do not see this option or you see a red expiration message instead, your subscription has already been canceled.
How to cancel Speechify from Android
- Log in to Google Play from your mobile device.
- Tap on your profile image on the right side of the screen.
- Select “Payments & Subscriptions”.
- Then choose the “Subscriptions” option.
- Find Speechify among your subscriptions in the list.
- Tap on “Unsubscribe”.
- Follow all the instructions provided to complete the cancellation successfully.
You can access the benefits of your Speechify subscription until the current billing ends. You do not need to cancel the automatic renewal, as they are compensated as soon as the cancellation is requested.
Cancel Speechify via Stripe
- Log in to the official Speechify website.
- Locate the Speechify icon.
- Sign in with the email you used to purchase your subscription.
- Click the “Billing” button.
- Select “Cancel plan” to successfully cancel your subscription.
- “How To Cancel Speechify Free Trial?” What Where Why, 2 Apr. 2022, https://whoatwherewhy.com/how-to-cancel-speechify-free-trial/.
- “How to Cancel Speechify Subscription [Money Saving Hacks].” DoNotPay, https://donotpay.com/learn/how-to-cancel-speechify/.
- “Terms & Conditions | Speechify.” Speechify, 15 May 2022, https://speechify.com/terms.