The cell phone is the most useful and necessary device today. People manage much of their daily life through cellular applications, which include working from the phone. If your device has the iOS operating system, you will be interested to know how to add a credit card to iPhone.
Applications are a fundamental part of a phone; without them, you will not have access to different platforms. With your iPhone, you can make purchases, pay for services and transfer money to family and friends. But it requires including credit card information in the Apple ID; you can also do it through Apple Pay.
If you have any doubts about entering personal information on your device, you should know that companies offer total security in this service. To add a credit card is necessary to configure Apple Pay methods.
Why add a credit card to iPhone
To enjoy Apple services and applications is important to understand how to add a credit card to iPhone. Adding payment information will give you access to Apple Store, Apple Music, iCloud and all the Apps you want.
By not including a form of payment on your cell phone, you will not be able to perform actions unique to the iPhone, such as transferring money to friends with just a text message. A credit card on the iPhone offers many advantages and can be done in different ways.
With the credit card stored on your iPhone, you have more freedom when leaving the house, as you can do it without your Purse or Wallet. Using the Apple Pay app is very easy; you can pay in stores, apps, compatible websites and others more securely.
Add a credit card to your iPhone
The services you use on your iPhone work if you manage your payment information in your Apple ID.
- Go to the settings tab on your name
- Tap on Payment & Shipping. You may need to log in to Apple ID
- Tap on the Add payment method
- Update the payment method, select the process and edit the information. You must enter the security code printed on the credit card
Adding a credit card to your iPhone for Apple Pay
This way to add a card to your device is used to add a new card or to add the one you previously used on a device associated with your Apple ID.
- Log in to the Wallet application and tap on Add
- Tap on Credit Card
- Tap Continue
- Follow the steps and complete to add the card. You may be asked to choose the bank or card issuer
- Verify the information with the bank. You may need to add more information, or you may be asked to download an app before approving the card for use with Apple Pay
If you want to use a credit card that was previously used on your iPhone, you must proceed as follows:
- In Wallet, select the Add option
- Click on Previous Cards to display the list of previously used cards
- Select the card you wish to use and then click Continue
- Complete the steps to add the card
- If necessary, verify the information with the bank or card issuer
- You may be asked for additional information or to download an app before approving the card for use in Apple Pay
If you have multiple cards saved, you can organize and set them by default. Generally, the first card you add will become the default payment card. To change it and choose others, just
- Log in to Wallet and select the default card
- Hold down the card and drag it to the front of the queue
- If you want to choose another one, hold down the card and drag it to the new location
It’s safe to use a credit card on the iPhone
Apple protects your personal information, so adding a credit card to your iPhone is safe. Make transactions and payments confidently through the various applications that require it, without the risk of others having access to your data.
When a credit card is added, the information you provide to the device is encrypted and sent to Apple’s servers. When you use the camera to enter the card information, it is not stored on the device or in the photo library.
Apple decrypts all your data, determines your card’s payment network and re-encrypts your information with a key that only the payment network or the issuer’s authorized provider can unlock.
The information about the credit card; can be sent to Apple to determine eligibility to enable Apple Pay. This happens if some apps and usage patterns remain active such as the number of calls made per week and the percentage of time the phone is on the go.
The company can also give information to the card issuer, payment network or authorized provider to prevent Apple Pay from being able to set up the card with the app, determine eligibility and avoid fraud.
What happens when the credit card is approved on your device?
Once the credit card added to the iPhone is approved, the authorized service provider, bank, or card issuer creates a specific device account number, encrypts it and sends it along with other dice to Apple. The extra data includes a password to generate security codes unique to each transaction.
The company cannot decrypt it; however, it is stored in the device’s secure folder. The issuer can prevent using a magnetic stripe card via the web or telephone than a credit card.
The device account number is never stored on Apple’s servers and is never backed up. The original card numbers are so secure that even Apple does not have access to them. It is important to note that the cards are associated with the Apple ID to make it easier to add and manage all your cards within the iPhone.
The iPhone applications require the registration of a payment method, always safeguarding the information provided by the user. In the United States, a widely used service is sending and receiving money via text message. You can only perform this service if you have a credit card on your iPhone.