For fitness enthusiasts, Peloton is one of the most popular apps and one that allows us to exercise effectively. However, we are probably wondering how to cancel the Peloton App subscription because we no longer want to continue using it as we already have an established workout routine.
It can also be a valid reason we don’t want the app anymore or want to save on other expenses. For this reason, it is important to know how to cancel to take effect.
How to cancel or pause a Peloton subscription?
There are several reasons why we may want to cancel or pause our Peloton subscription or take a break from it. If we have it active, it will automatically renew every month until we cancel it, so we must know how to cancel it through the different platforms:
Unlimited membership cancellation
Those with this type of subscription have a Peloton bike or any other brand accessory to exercise. It gives members access to the leaderboard, and its monthly fee is $39. We can pause this membership if it is not used for less than three months, or if it is not going to be used for a longer period, it will have to be canceled.
To cancel the membership, we can do the following:
- Log in to our Peloton account.
- Go to our profile, select “My Account,” and look for “Subscription” to enter there.
- Select the subscription we want to cancel and confirm the cancellation.
If we want to do it from their website, the steps are very similar; we will have to look for the “Subscriptions” window, select the one we want to cancel, and confirm the cancellation. Once we cancel the subscription, we can continue using it until the end of the month, or if we have already paid months in advance, we can continue using it.
Canceling our membership offline
We can also cancel our Peloton membership if we do not have an internet connection, and to do so, we will have to do it by phone. We will have to contact Peloton support at 1-866-679-9129, and there we will have to ask an agent to cancel the subscription. They will ask us a few questions before canceling the service, and the membership will be canceled.
Cancellation of the digital membership
The digital membership will allow us to subscribe to Peloton with several devices, which is something that unlimited membership does not allow. The steps to cancel it on each of these devices are:
If we have our membership active on an Android device, we will have to follow these steps:
- We log into the Google Play Store with our same Peloton subscription account.
- We select our profile icon, click on the three horizontal lines, and select Payment and Subscriptions.
- Choose the Subscriptions option, and there it will show us the subscriptions to the different applications we have.
- Select Peloton and then click on Cancel Subscription.
- We confirm our selection, and our subscription will be canceled.
For iOS devices, the process is a little different, and we must follow these steps:
- We go to our device’s settings and look for the Subscriptions option.
- Select the Peloton option.
- Then on Cancel Subscription, we confirm the cancellation of our membership.
If we have Peloton on Roku TV, we can cancel the service as follows:
- We press the Home button on our remote control.
- Navigate to the Peloton channel and press * to open the channel’s menu option.
- Select Manage Subscriptions from the menu that appears.
- Select Cancel Subscription.
- We will get a window that says Finished, which we will have to click to finish the process.
We will be able to cancel our membership very easily from Fire TV, and to do so; we must follow these steps:
- We open the Amazon Appstore and go to the Subscriptions menu.
- We look for the Peloton Subscription option and click Cancel Subscription.
- We finish by Confirming the process, and our subscription will be canceled.
The process of canceling the Peloton digital subscription can also be done from the Peloton website by following these steps:
- We log into our online account and select the Memberships option.
- Select our current membership and click on Cancel Membership.
- Once we confirm our membership cancellation, the whole process will be ready.
If we cannot cancel online or through our devices, we can also cancel our membership by phone. To do so, we will have to follow the same steps for canceling our Peloton Unlimited membership, and we can ask a consultant to cancel our service.
Can a Peloton subscription be canceled at any time?
A Peloton subscription can be canceled anytime without limitations, and there are no cancellation fees. However, completing the process before the membership expires is always best. Otherwise, we could risk having the membership automatically renewed for another month.
Can I continue to use the bicycle without a membership?
It is possible to continue using the bicycle even if we do not have an active membership, but we will not have all the technology offered by the platform. Therefore, we will not be able to access the classes on demand, nor will we be able to track all the data from the comfort of our bike.
Therefore, if we use the bike without an active subscription, this will mean that we will not have any metrics available. Therefore, when we cancel the subscription, the features that come with the membership will be removed, so the bike will serve us to exercise. Still, it will work as a normal bike without having any kind of extra attributes, such as the features that come included in our membership.
How long can I pause my Peloton subscription?
The maximum time we can pause our subscription is up to three months, and it will start at the end of our current billing cycle. While our membership is paused, we will not have access to live or on-demand classes.
Our membership will automatically reactivate once we end our scheduled pause, and we will also have the option to unfreeze it at any time. This membership can be paused in full monthly periods so that reactivation will occur in the next billing cycle.
To freeze our subscription, we will have to go to the Peloton website and select how long we want to pause our membership. Our subscription will be paused for the chosen period by adding the necessary details.