The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or ASPCA is a non-profit organization based in New York. They currently have many donors, so you are probably looking for how to cancel ASPCA donations to avoid continuing to pay.
This organization will offer free expert training, providing better homes and medical care for at-risk animals. The organization’s operation depends especially on users’ donations to this cause.
ASPCA Donation Plans
There are multiple memberships from which we can choose, and each of them has different benefits; and we are going to know them in depth:
- Regular membership: this membership is $25 per year, and its benefit will be the ASPCA action magazine.
- Monthly membership: it costs between $19 and $100, and in addition to the magazine, it offers a member newsletter, a special quarterly newsletter from The Guardian, and access to the Guardian-only site.
- Founder’s Society: this membership costs between $500 and $5,000. In addition to the above benefits, it offers special ASPCA newsletters and invitations to exclusive briefings and personal contact with the organization for any questions you may have.
Can I cancel my donation to the ASPCA at any time?
Yes, there is no limitation on cancelling donations at any time. However, once the cancellation is effective, it will be applied the same month or the following month.
Everything will depend on the date we contact the service, especially because it will depend on your billing dates.
How is the cancellation process?
The first thing to know is that this membership cannot be cancelled by email, by letter, in person or through the organization’s website. It is because there is no possibility of cancelling in this way.
If we stop making the membership payments, the membership will be cancelled immediately, and we will not have to do anything else. However, the best option to cancel our membership is to do it by telephone.
Steps to cancel by phone
To cancel your membership over the phone, you will need to call (800) 628-0028 and follow these steps:
- Contact an ASPCA representative.
- Tell them we are calling to cancel our membership.
- We will provide our account information when requested.
- We should ask for proof of the transaction sent to our email, or they will give us the confirmation number.
- We will need to store our proof of cancellation for our records if it is necessary in the future.
Information we will be asked for on the call
When we make the cancellation over the phone, we will most likely be asked for the following data to make cancellation:
- First and last names.
- Telephone number.
- Email address.
- ASPCA user name and password.
- Shipping address.
- Zip or postal code.
- Last four digits of our card.
- Date of the last amount charged to our card.
- Amount of the last charge.
All these data will be essential for us to make our cancellation; if we do not provide any of the data requested by the consultant, likely, the cancellation process can not be performed.
Is it possible to cancel emails, newsletters and applications?
Of course, yes, you can; the cancellation method will depend on the type of cancellation we want to initiate.
Cancel newsletters and emails
We will be able to unsubscribe from ASPCA newsletters and emails at any time by simply following these steps:
- We press the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email we receive from the organization.
- You can also send an unsubscribe request to [email protected].
Cancellation of requests
If we do not want more requests from the ASPCA, we will need to contact the company to stop receiving them. You can do this in two ways:
- Calling directly at (800) 628-0028.
- Send an email request to [email protected].
However, we should note that after cancellation, we may continue to receive requests even for a few months. It is because emails are prepared in advance, so it may take time for the organization to process our request.
While the total cancellation of ASPCA mailings is taking place, we could mark the sender as spam in our email inbox. Every time we receive a newsletter or application email, it will be sent directly to the spam folder.