Call forwarding is a process that will allow us to redirect our phone calls from one number to another, and it is a service offered by Verizon at no additional charge. However, if we have it activated, we may need to deactivate it for some reason, so today, we will learn how to cancel Verizon call forwarding.
Having call forwarding turned on will still apply to the typical calling rates, which is a process that works for all Verizon customers. Disabling call forwarding is very easy and can be done in two ways.
Disabling call forwarding using a mobile device
We will be able to do this process in a very simple way, and it will be even easier than activating it, for which we will have to follow these steps:
- We opened the Phone application on the device that enabled the service.
- Dial *73.
- Press the Call button.
- There we will hear a confirmation message or tone indicating that the call forwarding has been deactivated correctly.
- Once the process is finished, disconnect the call.
How to do the process from a computer?
We can also perform the process directly from the Verizon web. For this, we will have to follow these steps:
- We must access My Verizon from the official website.
- Once inside, we will have to go to the Call Forwarding page.
- Select the number that has call forwarding enabled.
- Select the Cancel Call Forwarding option, and the service will be disabled.
Change Verizon Call Forwarding Number
If we have configured a call forwarding number, we can change it whenever necessary. To do this, on the phone with call forwarding enabled, we will have to dial *72, followed by the new number to which calls should be directed, which will be updated immediately.
This process can also be done from a computer by following these steps:
- Log in to My Verizon from the official website.
- Select the Call Forwarding option.
- We will have to select the number we want to change.
- We will have to delete the current call forwarding number.
- Set a new call forwarding number.
- Select the “Update call forwarding status” option, and the changes will be saved.
How to modify the service without internet or phone access?
There may be occasions when we do not have access to the internet, and we have left our phone at home, so we need to forward calls from it. In these cases, call Customer Service at 800-922-0204, and they will take care of the whole process.
However, we must be the line owner to do the process, and we will likely be asked to verify our identity. It will consist of a series of questions that will allow us to know that we are the owners of the line in question, and the process will be carried out.
How can we forward calls only if our line is busy?
For these cases, we can use the option of transferring unanswered or busy calls, which is also known as conditional call forwarding. This feature will allow the call to be forwarded to another phone when the line is busy or when it is not answered after 3 or 4 rings.
We can make this service active by dialing our phone *71 and the number to which we wish to send the calls. We can also activate it directly from My Verizon. Whenever this feature is active, our phone will ring several times before forwarding the call, allowing us to answer.
We can make outgoing calls without limitations even if we have the Verizon call forwarding service activated. However, we should note that this service is limited to domestic calls only. It will not be possible to assign an international number outside the U.S. for call forwarding.
Fees that may charge
Generally, there is no monthly fee for call forwarding if we are on a current plan. To find out if we will be charged, visit the Call Forwarding page in our account to see if the service is included in our plan or if we will be charged extra.
All airtime charges will apply to forwarded calls, even when forwarded to a landline. If long-distance service is included in our plan, we will not be charged for any long-distance calls we wish to make.
However, additional per-minute charges may apply to forwarded calls in some cases. For this reason, it is always best to confirm whether or not we have this service included before we start using it.
Possible problems with call forwarding services
The most common problems we may have with call forwarding can be:
- The original phone keeps ringing, indicating that the call forwarding is not properly configured, so it will have to be configured again.
- Callers hear a busy signal, meaning the call forwarding number is invalid.
To solve these problems, cancel and reconfigure the call forwarding service. This way, we can ensure that calls are forwarded correctly and avoid any inconvenience. If we deactivate the service, we will continue to receive calls on our original number.