DoorDash is a company dedicated to subscribing restaurants and pharmacies to its grid of options for customers to shop from the app with a home delivery service. The platform allows more customers to reach locations in major U.S. cities.
The company has a Red Card. This credit card is used to pay at affiliated merchant locations, although not all customers know its existence. But if you are a Drasher, you certainly know about it.
This card is given to drivers so they can pay for some orders from certain consumers. As we said previously, it is not suitable for all establishments.
How to use it?
The Red Card is a credit card that DoorDash gives drivers who make restaurant payments for their customers. They pick up the order and deliver it to the driver’s home. All dashers receive this red card in their activation kit; that is when they start working with the company.
Recruits are given a briefing and an introductory course explaining the basics of the job, which teaches you how and when to use this red card. This welcome kit includes the following items:
- A hot bag
- A Red Card
- A starter manual
How to order the welcome kit is as follows: Register to become a dasher and in the process, indicate that your preferred orientation method is the welcome kit. Select the “Send it to me” option.
You must complete the W-9 Form, and the page will confirm your successful application. Subsequently, you will receive an email with your welcome kit status tracking information. It takes one to four days to receive the kit.
How to set up / activate the Red Card?
After the dasher receives the Red Card, they must configure and activate it for use. The steps to follow are as follows, depending on the operating system of the dasher’s phone:
Configure with iOS:
If you are dashing from a device with an iOS operating system, these are the instructions to follow:
- Open the Dasher app and select your account.
- At the top of the screen, press on the red question that says, “Did DoorDash give you a payment card?”
- Record the card number, as well as the four digits you find on the back of the card
Set up with Android:
If your mobile device is Android, you can set up your Red Card like this:
- Open the Dasher app and tap on the “menu” icon.
- A drop-down menu will open; among the options, select “Red Card”
- Enter the card number, as well as the four digits you find on the back of the card
What to do if I have problems configuring the card?
When entering the card data into the mobile application, you have two options: it can be configured correctly and activated, or you may have problems continuing. Some of the most common issues users have are as follows:
- Some users jump the gun and set up their Red Card before receiving the “Welcome” message to the company’s email stating that the company. Each dasher must wait to receive this notification before proceeding.
- If the card fails during configuration, press “force stop” in the app and wait 30 seconds to re-activate it
- When the app crashes or issues “error” messages, the solution is to uninstall and reinstall it. When reinstalling, it will load the application with the latest version, which will probably not have the error that the previous one presents.
You can follow this link if you need more tips to rectify errors in the Dasher app https://help.doordash.com/dashers/s/article/Troubleshooting-the-Dasher-App?language=en_US.
When can I use the Red Card?
After activating and configuring the Red Card, you can start using it. You cannot use this card for any payment, only those indicated. It is impossible to use it for personal expenses such as gasoline, car, or motorcycle repairs.
Dasher is an application for hiring transportation services; it does not assume responsibility for damage, repair, and maintenance of the employee’s equipment. You can use the Red Card for the following operations:
- The driver can use the Red Card only when prompted in the application with the phrases “Pay with Red Card” or “Make payment.”
Only under the above condition is it possible to use the card. While using it, try to keep in mind the following recommendations:
- You can use the card only for the restaurants indicated, and the card will charge the amount intended for the purchase; i.e., you cannot use it to pay for additional employee purchase
- When making a payment, try to use the “credit” option to avoid the PIN code. Ignore the fact that the card says “debit”
- Please do not include a tip when paying with the card, and it is not necessary to keep the payment invoices unless requested in the order. Otherwise, you should not give the receipt to customers
- The Red Card is funded correctly; you do not have to worry about differences in the amounts reflected on the payment receipt compared to the application