DoorDash is a window where you can find hundreds of restaurants in one place, check prices and order food delivery. As one of the most important applications in the United States, it has various locations, rates and offers for subscribers.
One of the most appealing qualities to app users is that they can order food for free. If you are here because you have asked yourself, “can you get free food from DoorDash?” the reality is that you have several alternatives to order without paying.
How can I get free meals?
Although many users don’t know, you can order food from DoorDash and not pay for it. Some warnings about free ordering alternatives are often false and end up misleading offers, but there are ways to access the menu without paying.
There are five real ways to order free food from DoorDash:
- Free food for signing up for the app
- Free food for referring friends
- Sign up for DashPass
- Get coupons for free food
- Free cards for ordering on DoorDash
Option one: Free food for registering on the application
DoorDash was created in 2013 but took off during the pandemic. In 2020 all the food and food delivery companies picked up steam, and the competition between them is getting higher and higher. Even though the app is one of the largest and constantly growing in the country, the creators are looking for alternatives to attract more customers.
Many ask, “is the first meal on DoorDash free?” Giving away a free meal when registering on the platform is an extremely attractive alternative to attract new users. DoorDash rewards new users $15 to spend at any affiliated restaurants for a free meal. Although the free food, the customer must pay shipping and service fees for using the platform.
Option two: Free food for referring friends
Very similar to the previous one, but now, the intention is that you invite people to be part of DoorDash. With this second option, you both win: the new user can claim their $15 for signing up, and you can get a bonus for inviting friends.
DoorDash rewards you for including new users in the community. By inviting new friends, you can receive $10 that you can use to order food or to spend on your shipping costs.
Option three: Sign up for DashPass
The third option to enjoy DoorDash offers is to sign up for DashPass. This is a paid monthly subscription service where customers can order at reduced rates and enjoy free home delivery. Although the service is delivered, you can try it for one month for free and cancel one day before your billing in case you cancel the payment.
These are the discounts you can access with DashPass:
- 10% off when you order over $12 at restaurants
- 10% when your grocery orders are over $25
- Access to exclusive weekly deals and special items for app members only
- VIP customer service
- 5% rebate on selected orders
- Cancel your subscription at any time without obligation or additional fees
If you want to try the service for free and cancel it one day before your billing, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to the application
- Click on the menu icon at the top right of the screen
- Select “Manage DashPass”
- Tap on end subscription
- Confirm the end of the subscription
After following these steps, you will not have to fulfil the subscription payment, and you will have enjoyed one month of discounts and free shipping.
Option four: Get free food coupons
After creating your account, grant DoorDash full permission to send emails with commercial messages. Sometimes, the application offers free orders for specific holidays; for example: on Spaghetti Day, you can get discounts and even free dishes just by checking your inboxes.
To access these promotions, free coupons arrive by mail that you can use for a limited time. So, if you want to eat without paying a dollar, this is a great alternative. Another real example is that on National Pizza Day in the United States, you can receive offers and prizes from:
- BJ’s Restaurants and Breweries
- Papa Johns
- Also, some of the promotions and discounts at the following locations:
- Taco Bell
- Chik a Fil
- Panda Express
Option Five: Free DoorDash Order Cards
Another alternative to getting free food at DoorDash is to redeem your points for gift cards in different programs such as Microsoft Rewards and Swagbucks. You can obtain this benefit in the following way:
- Microsoft Rewards: Thanks to this program, you can accumulate points by completing easy tasks or searching on Bing. When you get 19,500 points, you can redeem a $15 card that you can use to pay for food at DoorDash.
- Swagbucks: From this platform, you can also accumulate points by filling out surveys, answering daily trivia, watching videos, performing simple tasks and redeeming 1,425 points for $15 up to 9,500 points for a $100 gift card.
Other apps where you can get free food
DoorDash is not the only app where you can get free food. Although there are hundreds of food apps, you can find promotions and programs redeemable for free food in at least five. These are the five mobile platforms:
- Dunkin Donuts
- TGY Friday
- Tia Ana
- Del Taco