You will be excited to know that there are a lot of job opportunities for teens 14 years old out there in the market. To do a job as a teen can be a fantastic experience for you.
Every job on the list can help you earn money and fulfill your needs. You will be making some cash and gaining valuable experience on your CV. You can use the money to buy your favorite music album or clothes or save it for your college fee or a new car.
Best jobs for 14-year-olds
You can work at retail stores and fast-food restaurants to receive payments, issue receipts or refunds, count the money, and balance the cash drawer.
Caddies work in golf courses and country clubs. They are responsible for carrying golf bags, holding the flags, consulting the players about which club to use, raking sand bunkers, and cleaning golf balls.
If you can make a good coffee, try your luck as a barista. Coffee shops hire baristas to prepare the beverages, assist customers in choosing menu items, and keep the work area, equipment, and sitting area clean.
You can also work at a restaurant as a busser. Your task will be to clear the utensils and drinkware from tables, clean the eating surfaces, beverage refilling, and carry food to the tables.
If you are good at your studies, why don’t you leverage it to earn money? As a tutor, your role is to help students focus on their education, understand the concepts, and prepare them for their exams. You have to give one-on-one time to the student and teach a specific subject.
For a pet lover, a dog walker can be a dream job. You need to take out the dogs for a walk and exercise. You may take one or multiple dogs at a time. Depending upon the dog’s health and breed and your client’s instructions, the duration of the walk for each dog will be different.
➡LEARN MORE: 10 Jobs that don’t Require a Degree
Grocery bagging is a simple task of assisting customers who enter the grocery store by organizing and carrying the grocery bags to the customer’s vehicles.
Lifeguards work at public and private pools and maintain the pool environment. Their task is to ensure visitors follow safety rules and provide immediate emergency care, such as CPR until the emergency crew arrives.
A camp counselor spends time with youngsters who love spending their time outside. If you can lead those youngsters and enjoy playing with them, the camp counselor can be the best job for you.
At 14 years old, you are probably experienced at doing dishes. You can use this skill to earn some cash. Dishwashers typically work at restaurants, clean dishes, and other cookware, and arrange the dishes properly.
The job that generates the most opportunities for a 14 or 15-year-old is babysitting. Not only can you get it quickly, but it will also allow you to get good pay. You can earn between $13 and 18 dollars.
If you are interested in finding a babysitting job, you can apply on BabySits, a community dedicated to this profession. On Jooble, you can also search for jobs for 14-year-olds without experience.
Automatic car washes have replaced manual washes. It is a job where you can get between $10-$15 per hour. While it has been trendy, you may have to look hard to find one. However, you can still get the supplies to do the job, for example, in your neighborhood.
Paper Delivery Person
Newspapers continue to offer this job to young people interested in starting their work experience. The job application is simple, although a work permit may be required. The pay is minimal. If you are interested in delivering newspapers, go to your local newspaper and check the requirements to get started.
Just as children also need care, so do pets. It is an excellent possibility to generate income since it is a job that people usually give to young people between 14 and 15 years old. Best of all, it only requires attention and care. In addition, it complies with the legal aspects of part-time jobs for minors.
The pay also varies, but you can earn between $15 and $18 per hour.
Gardening is an ideal job for those looking to gain work experience. If you’re good with plants, you can search for jobs as a garden assistant in your neighborhood or on popular platforms like Indeed or Snagajob. According to ZipRecruiter, pay ranges from $14 to $25.
Several neighbors probably have pools if you live in a neighborhood with large homes. A good alternative is to work as a pool cleaner. Since it doesn’t require as many hours per day, it can be helpful if you’re going to school.
Like the car wash job, you can buy your tools for more credibility. It is a job where you earn between $10 and $15 per hour and may have fewer requirements than others.
Fast Food Worker
If a teenager thinks of a job, they automatically think of fast food places like McDonald’s or Burger King. These are companies that accept underage jobs and usually provide good benefits. The pay will depend on the company, and you will likely have to submit a job application and work permit.
These jobs fit the schedules that a 14-year-old with no experience is required to work. If you live in your city’s financial district, you can go to one of the many offices to find out if they are looking for an intern or someone to help them with basic tasks. It is a well-paying job that does not involve physical strength.
It is a job that can pay about $14 an hour. No knowledge of the sport is required. All you have to do is accompany the golfer through the 18 holes. It can serve as an apprenticeship if you are interested in golf. If there are places in your city where they practice it, you can get it. Otherwise, on Indeed, you can also find 14-year-old jobs near me.
Teen Restaurant Busser
It is a job where you can start working if it’s your first time. If you continue in the position, with time and experience, you can move up in the restaurant. The average wage is $15 per hour (varies by state).
Best companies that offer jobs to teenagers
There are a lot of companies that may offer jobs for 14-15 years old teens. Some of them are:
- McDonald’s: Hires crew members. It would help if you had a work permit endorsed by your parent or legal representative.
- Six Flags: This is one of the best-known amusement parks in the United States. Here you can find several jobs if you are 14 or 15. Keep in mind that requirements vary by state. Find out what jobs are available near you on Six Flags website.
- Dairy Queen: if you love ice cream, you’ve probably been to this establishment. There are more than 4,000 branches in the country. So, it’s an excellent place to get a part-time job f you have 14 years old. You can work as a cashier, cleaner, etc. On Dayry Queen’s website, you can find a job available in your location.
- Burger King: it is similar to Mc Donalds. It is an ideal job for minors because it does not involve carrying out dangerous tasks. Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/burger-king/
- Taco Bell: is a restaurant with a long history in the United States. So it is an excellent place to start your first job. They even have a scholarship program for those who want a position to pay for college. Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/taco-bell/
You can also find jobs for 14-year-olds with no experience in the following companies:
- AMC Theaters: Hires ushers and concession workers
- Baskin-Robbins: Hires team members
- Bruster’s: Hires team members
- Chick-fil-A: Hires team members
- Boston Market: Hires team members
- Kroger & affiliates: Hires baggers or stockers
- Wendy’s: Hires cashiers
- Winn-Dixie & affiliates: Hires baggers
- Safeway: Hires cashiers, courtesy clerks, and cart attendants
14-year-old online jobs that you can apply
If you still need to find a job in your city, whether it’s babysitting, cashiering, or washing cars, the great thing about Generation Z, today’s young people, is that they know their way around online.
If you have experience in video games, web development, design, or photography, it’s also possible for you to get a job in the UX sector. It is an excellent idea to create a blog or become a freelancer for certain companies. In this case, you may require work consent signed by your parents.
Also, if you know your way around social networks like TikTok and have more than 1,000 followers, you can build your brand by making innovative content. This can also lead you to become an influencer, open your YouTube channel, and start monetizing.
Requirements and laws for jobs for 14-year-olds with no experience
As with any other job, you must complete a certain quantity of conditions to apply for the position. In this particular case, there are not only specific guidelines but also laws. Remember that you are underage. Therefore, it is vital to know a couple of things, particularly in a law matter.
For example, one aspect is that a young one of 14-year-olds can work three hours on weekdays. That’s the maximum period. So, if you find a company, restaurant, or business requiring you to work more than four hours, that’d be illegal.
Regarding the shift, it can’t end at night hours. So, you must finish your duties by 7:00 pm. But, if it’s a non-school day, you may be available to work up to eight hours. Keep in mind these requirements:
- If you find a part-time job that accepts 14-year-olds, the company must give you a break of at least 15 minutes and have them every 2 hours (minimum).
- You can work up to 18 hours on a school week.
- Working less than 40 hours per week is legal, especially if you have school.
- You can start the job after 7:00 am and after 7:00 pm.
Remember that you may need to present a work permit in some states if you are underage (14 or 15 years old). Therefore, this is the main requirement.
If you have doubts about this last matter, ask your student consultant if you can apply for 14-year-old jobs near me. (You can access the State Department of Labor for more information).
Are there jobs that underage can’t do?
At the national level, some laws protect children in terms of work. If a 14-year-old adolescent is interested in working, they can do so. However, they should know that there are some jobs that they cannot perform.
In particular, any task that is dangerous or involves any physical force that could cause harm (this also applies to mental health, of course, in other matters) is disqualified from doing it. Therefore, the jobs they cannot perform are related to the following:
- Explosive or radioactive materials.
- Any work that requires the use of heavy tools.
- Public Utilities.
In this sense, minors cannot work in manufacturing companies, unload trucks, or do tasks involving elevated cleaning areas such as roofs.
Minimum salary of jobs that accept 14-year-olds
Usually, it is $4.25 per hour, which is the federal minimum wage. However, it depends on the workplace, location, and other factors.
- How much do teen restaurant busser jobs pay per month? (no date). Available at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Teen-Restaurant-Busser-Salary-per-Month
- Staff, F.L. (2023) Wage and hour laws for minors and Teens, Findlaw. Available at: https://www.findlaw.com/employment/wages-and-benefits/wage-and-hour-laws-for-minors-and-teens.html