DoordDash is an application where users log in to order food at home. Customers use it because of its trust, security, and great variety among restaurants, prices, and alternatives to eating at home. Restaurants, on their own, benefit from being inside the app because it works as a window to more and new customers.
Upon requesting an order, customers receive the food at home through dashers. The dashers are people who provide the service to the company at convenient times and spaces. Some use it as their main job, but another group of employees does it as a supplement to acquire more money. To be a dasher, you must be approved by the company and pass the DoorDash background check.
Here’s what you need to know to work as a DoorDash dasher
To work as a DoorDash dasher does not require previous experience, nor do you need to have any specific educational background. However, you do need to meet several requirements to become a DoorDash employee:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have an available motor vehicle (car or motorcycle) or bicycle
- Possess a smartphone
- Valid driver’s license
- Life insurance
- Social Security number where a criminal background check is conducted
- Submit to a comprehensive criminal background and driving record check
All applicants undergo a screening process where they accept candidates who meet the profile. Dashers are independent contractors who ultimately require criminal background clearance to stay. DoorDash does not provide criminal background checks, so it uses another criminal background check called Checkr.
Why does DoorDash do criminal background checks?
Delivery candidates go through a thorough screening process. Within this process, they are required to undergo a criminal background check where DoorDash focuses on obtaining information on:
- National and county criminal record background checks
- Motor vehicle registration and licensing approvals
The company employs this system to ensure customer security and trust between the company and the delivery person. DoorDash is not alone in using this modality; similar companies such as Uber and Lyft also implement this with all active delivery drivers. You are disqualified from the list if you are a citizen with multiple violations.
These are the Doordash background check requirements, and you can be disqualified if you meet any of the following offenses:
- Traffic offenses within the last three years:
- Traffic tickets
- Driving without life insurance
- Traffic light violations
- Any fine/infraction related to drug possession, use, or dealing in the last seven years
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in the previous seven years
- Criminal records in the county in the last seven years
- National Sex Offender Registry for the last seven years
How long does it take to become a dasher?
DoorDash has an estimated turnaround time of two to seven business days. The average Applicant takes five to 10 days to be approved; therefore, some assume the process has stalled and wonder, “why is my DoorDash stuck on a background check?” Although this is the average time frame, some factors can increase the wait time, such as if the Applicant has lived and worked in different states or if they have a high volume of applications.
Although we are addressing average figures established on the DoorDash platform, this amount also varies depending on the city where you apply. Some applicants are looking for alternatives to speed up the criminal background check process; However, this is not possible; completing the registration with the correct data, using the Applicant’s name and not a nickname, can help in the verification process.
How can I check the status of my Background Check in DoorDash?
Determining the Doordash background check status varies depending on your country. Although it is usually very simple, the procedure is as follows:
If you are in the United States
- Go to the Applicant Checkr portal at this link https://candidate.checkr.com/view#login
- Fill out the form with your personal information such as email address, phone number, Social Security number, and date of birth.
- Click “Get status,” and the platform will display the result.
If you applied in Canada
If you are in Canada, you should write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request the status of your application.
What are the criminal background check statuses?
If you are in the DoorDash screening process, the criminal background check usually takes several days because it goes through five phases. The statuses you may encounter are as follows:
- Complete: This is the first step of the check. This is where the background information is recorded in the counties
- Pending: The check is in the final process. The Checkr is preparing the county background. It usually takes two to three days from the time you enter here
- Clear: This means you have been approved by DoorDash and can begin your work. You will receive a welcome email and instructions
- Consider: If you check “consider,” it means that the Applicant has violations and does not meet the requirements. For example, you have had three traffic violations in the last three years. In this case, you must wait for DoorDash. The team will evaluate the situation until a negative or positive answer is given
- Dispute: You must review your criminal record documentation to rectify that all the information is correct. You have a total of 30 days to dispute this data