Forex is a global FX and CFD broker that opened for business in 2001. The company is part of StoneX Financial LTD, whose parent company StoneX Group Inc. is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Forex.com is regulated by four financial institutions, of which we can highlight the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the US.
Forex has four accounts: a standard account, commission account, DMA account and risk-free demo account. Although the brand has four options, this time, we will focus on comparing the advantages and disadvantages of the two most used versions: standard and commission.
What is a Forex commission account?
The Forex commission account is intended for traders who want the flexibility to work with significant deductions and low commissions. Among its advantages you can find:
- $5 commission per hundred thousand earned
- The exceptional quality of trade execution
- State-of-the-art trading platforms
Why open a Forex commission account?
Forex accounts are a favourite in the market, but these are the benefits of opening a commission account.
Intervene in the global currency markets
Forex.com has a group of powerful trading platforms that positions traders in advantageous positions before the currency markets. It consists of:
- Integrated trading tools, market commentary and analysis
- Advanced charting tools with more than 80+ technical indicators
- Powerful mobile trading for a complete trading experience
Reduce trading costs by up to 15%
With the Active Trader Program, you can earn cash rebates and participate in other financial benefits, including the following:
- For every million currencies traded in a month, you can earn up to $10 cash back
- Receive up to 1% APY interest on your average daily margin
- Request personalized advice from Forex market strategists
- Receive a rebate on bank fees for any wire transfer
Trade with the #1 broker
One of the most important reasons is that it has unique designs that allow you to live the best experience of every transaction. Accounts with:
- Forex trading signals: Expand real-time trading signals and implement the Trading Central analysis tool
- Market Strategists: Market strategists can advise you and work together on a new trading plan
- Market Analysis: Stay informed with the most important market data in real-time with our research team
What is a standard Forex account?
It is intended for traders to have better trading experiences in traditional currencies. The standard account allows the client an ultra-competitive service without commissions. Some of its advantages are:
- Superior trade executions are characterized by clear and transparent pricing
- Reduced costs thanks to up to 15% cash rebates
- State-of-the-art trading platforms
Why open a standard Forex account?
If you are hesitating to open a commission or standard account, here are the benefits of the classic Forex account:
Trade with ultra-competitive spreads
Forex has been striving to install the latest spreads in technology for over ten years. Each advancement exceeds the expectations of traders worldwide.
With this tool, you can see all markets and spreads varying between any market conditions.
Experiment with MetaTrader
Thanks to the advancements and reliability of the Forex broker, you can explore different platforms in the world; among them are:
- Reuters related news and world market research from Forex.com
- Free EA hosting features
- Web trading support and mobile application
Since 2011, Forex has taken care of having the number one broker within the United States, this allows you to have successful and quality trades. In this case, you can enjoy:
- Fast trades and consistent executions: All trading operations have been automated to offer the user a quick and immediate response in their operations
- Price improvements: When the market is in the client’s favour, Forex employs trading technology that passes on the savings to execute trades for lower costs
Forex.com standard account and commission account
After reading the advantages of each account and the conditions of each one, you should know which version is the most favourable for you. However, here we are going to give you one more detail:
- Minimum deposit: Standard account, USD 100 – Commission account, USD 100
- Minimum account balance: Standard account, N/A – Commission account, N/A
- MetaTrader system: a standard version, Yes – commission account, No.
- Commissions: Standard Account, Yes – Commission Account, Yes
- Cash Refunds: Standard Account, Yes – Commission Account, Yes