Although millions of people are using new payment and collection methods, such as virtual wallets, many still continue to use checks. Meijer still manages ways for its consumers to cash checks.
As we are talking about one of the most important grocery chains in the United States, they need to continue to have payment methods and the like so that their customers continue to choose them. Here we tell you if Meijer Cash Checks are still available.
Meijer’s Check Acceptance Policy
With nearly 200 grocery stores nationwide, Meijer remains one of the leading grocery stores in the market. This company commercialized everything from groceries to toys and electronics. In addition, their prices are pretty competitive.
But most importantly, Meijer is nationally known for providing check-cashing services, particularly to those who do not have a bank account.
To give you a clear idea of their check policy, here are a few things to follow if you need to pay with a personal check at Meijer:
- Checks must be used for a purchase at any of their branches.
- You can only issue checks up to $25 over the purchase amount. Please note that this only applies at their stores, while the cap varies if you shop at gas stations. For these cases, it is only possible to issue checks up to $5.
- Meijer processes personal checks electronically using the Telecheck verification system. Once the account number is obtained, it is captured and registered to process the check. Finally, the check is returned to the consumer.
A business or organization check must be used for a purchase and can be issued for the same amount as a personal check. The organization’s 501(c) number will be requested if it is a tax-exempt transaction. If you are interested in cashing this type of check, learn how to cash a business check.
In the case of traveler’s checks, they can also be used for a purchase at a Meijer store. The maximum amount is $100 and must be signed by the cashier.
How to cash a check at Meijer?
If you need to know how to cash a check at Meijer, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Meijer store closest to your location (For locations, click here).
- Go to the customer service center and tell the advisor that you want to cash a check.
- Sign up for the verification and validation process.
- Present the electronic signature of the check to the Meijer agent.
- Return in 7 days to receive your money at the location of your choice.
You must present a valid photo ID. Alternatively, you may submit a certificate of employment. Please note that Meijer accepts military or local government-issued credentials. Remember that they receive personal, traveler, and corporate/business checks.
Fees for cashing a check at Meijer
If you need a bank account, Meijer charges a $3 fee for cashing a check. For all other users, the fee is $5. Please note that you can only cash up to $1,000 per day if it is a payroll or personal check and up to $1,999 for a government check.
On the other hand, the fee for check cashing services at Meijer depends on the type of check. For example, if you want to cash a money order, there is a $3 surcharge, while if the check is returned, you will have to pay a $35 fee.
Please note the following issues regarding check cashing fees at Meijer:
- The check’s date must be at most 30 days to cash the check.
- If the amount is more than this, you can split it into two checks or go to other Meijer stores where you can cash the check.
- The company may refuse to cash the check for any of the abovementioned policies if necessary.
Check cashing hours at Meijer
The great thing about cashing a check at Meijer is that you can cash it anytime because their stores are usually open 24/7. However, if it’s a holiday, contact the store to find out if there are any special restrictions.
Anytime stores are usually close to a security company to ensure no incidents. Most Meijer branches operate from 6:00 am to 12:00 am.
Meijer Customer Service Number
If you have questions about the Meijer check cashing process or anything else, please call 1-877-363-4537. Hours of operation are Sunday through Saturday from 7:00 am to 1:00 am (EST).
Other cash-a-check stores
If for some reason, it is not possible for you to cash a check at a Meijer store, you have other alternatives to cash a check. Among them, we can mention the following:
You can also learn if Sam’s Club cash checks. Before you go to one of their stores, just make sure you comply with their policies.
- Public customer care – what is the Meijer Store Check/Debit Acceptance Policy? Available at: https://help.meijer.com/csp?sysparm_article=KB0015721&id=kb_article_view&sysparm_rank=1&sysparm_tsqueryId=62c5399f8741251838e5b809cebb35b6