Lyft is a U.S. transportation company that connects drivers with customers in shared vehicles through a mobile application. This mobile platform began operating in 2012 and currently operates in more than 350 cities across the country. In April 2017, it raised $600 million in an investment round.
Thanks to its growth, innovation, and expansion, the company launched a tool that allows you to credit money to your Lyft account to pay for the service, called Lyft Cash. With this tool, you can plan your trips and easily budget how much you need for your trips.
What is the Lyft Cash tool?
Lyft Cash is a tool used to add money to the Lyft app so that you can pay for services. This tool translates to a digital wallet that allows you to save and pay within the same app.
This is an alternative to having money to pay for your rides. Whenever you need a cab, you request the service, and you can pay with the balance in the app. If you don’t have cash in your wallet, you don’t have to find any other form of payment.
The tool includes a gift card that works within the app to fulfill payments. This card can be physical or digital. The choice is up to the customer, and you must activate it in either version for it to work. It is important to note that you can only use Lyft Cash to pay Lyft drivers; it is not valid for other transportation companies.
How do I use Lyft Cash?
Lyft Cash has a simple way of operation so that everyone can use it. This tool is available in the “payment” section of the app. You need to set up your device and start making transactions. The app will take it as the default payment method when you download and activate this tool.
To use other payment options, you must set up the alternatives. The application will allow an additional payment method if you do not have enough credit to cover the service. When you recharge the balance, it returns to your payment priority.
With this tool, you can make each payment individually or set it up with automatic payments. In this case, you must activate the recharge feature of the card with the following steps:
- The application automatically purchases another gift card if your tool has a balance of less than $15
- While you can’t prevent the purchase of a new Lyft Cash, you can prevent the app from making automatic purchases
How do I pay for Lyft with Lyft Cash?
As we already know, to use the tool, you need to activate it in the payments section of the app. This way, it becomes your default payment alternative. If you don’t want to use the tool’s balance, you deactivate the option in the same section.
To use it, you must deposit money into the tool; so, if you are wondering how to add credit, the answer is in the following steps:
- Click on the menu in the upper left part of the application
- Select the “pay” button
- Under the Lyft Cash Card option, click on “add cash“
- Add the amount of cash you want. In this step, you can add automatic reloads that will work every time you have less than $15
- Choose the payment method, which will also become your alternative option to pay for the services
- Click on “buy“
If you want to add a gift card, follow these instructions:
- Click on the menu at the top left of the application
- Select the “payment” button
- Click on the “gift card” option
- Enter your gift card code and PIN
- Will reflect the amount of your gift card in the application immediately
What are the additional payment methods supported?
For the application to work, you must have cash. This cash is added from the means of payment allowed by the company and becomes the alternative means of payment. To add up the balance, the means permitted by the company are:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Prepaid card
- Bank account
- Digital or retail gift cards
It is important to mention that you cannot add balances from other applications such as Venmo, Paypal, Google Pay, or Apple Pay.