In package tours, taking out an insurance is a very common action. Although medical insurance is not always required, it can be necessary in some cases, such as volunteer trips. GoEco Insurance is the insurance offered by this company, although the options are flexible.
It must be clear that GoEco is not an insurance company. GoEco Insurance refers to medical and travel insurance coverage. This can be obtained through the agency’s intermediation, not through direct contracting with the insurance provider.
Let’s try to explain this in a simple way
What is GoEco?
GoEco is a company that specializes in what is known as ecotourism. Within this specialty, they stand out for a wide variety of ethical volunteering projects. Another relevant aspect is that these projects, generally developed abroad, offer a more affordable model of volunteer holidays than other proposals.
The agency offers more than 150 different projects in diverse environments and habits. It cooperates with a wide range of providers, from global organizations to local agencies and collectives.
Some remarkable aspects of GoEco are:
- Application of the ecological footprint methodology in the sustainability evaluation of ethical volunteer tourism actions. In this way, the ecological impact of the tourist in the whole process can be evaluated.
- Implementation of community assistance programs where the achievements can be measured through actions. For example, wildlife rehabilitation, and other programs aimed at the educational improvement of children, or certain personal objectives.
Some of Goeco’s actions include:
- Volunteering for the creation of nesting sites for endangered snails in Belize, including actions against the invasive Lionfish species.
- Volunteering and action to teach skateboarding and surfing to children in Cape Town with hundreds of children involved.
- The Orangutan rescue and protection program in Indonesia is dedicated to the release of orangutans and the safe refuge for this endangered species.
GoEco customer service: how to contact
You can contact this agency both through its website and through the telephone numbers provided in the following three countries:
- United Kingdom: +44 203 318 4004
- Australia: +61 2 8014 9393
- USA: +1 646 240 454545 USA: +1 646 240 4545
You can also contact the agency by email at email@example.com.
Does GoEco offer insurance to its travelers?
It is important to make a difference between the concepts of security and health insurance coverage.
GoEco, as a specialized company, has security and safety tools in place for travelers. This includes 24-hour emergency support in all destination countries.
There is also the presence of staff coordinators directly at the duty stations or in their immediate surroundings. These coordinators can quickly get in touch with the volunteers and answer any questions or queries they may have.
Another issue is health GoEco insurance. On its web platform, the company itself explains that they consider safety to be a basic aspect of the trips they organize. For this reason, the presence of medical insurance is required during the volunteer’s stay abroad.
This means that it is not possible to travel without health insurance that has been taken out specifically for the journey.
GoEco insurance offers three different insurances from three different companies with whom it has a degree of partnership:
- Seven Corners
- World Nomads
However, it is not compulsory to contract with these companies. It is understood that the offer, since it is associated, may be more appropriate, and directly oriented to the type of trip. However, tourists are free to choose the health insurance provider that best suits their needs (and pocket).
So, to sum up:
- GoEco recommends three travel health insurance, providers
- It is not compulsory to take out the policy with these providers.
- It is obligatory to have medical insurance for the trip.
The recommended insurance policies can be taken out through the links provided by GoEco on its website.