Although it may seem simple, plumbing is as complex as it is dangerous. For this reason, the professional plumber must be backed by insurance to cover minor or serious damages and injuries while performing their duties.
But the most important thing about acquiring specialized insurance for plumbers is that it gives the professional a good reputation in the market. Anyone requesting services of this type will want to be protected against any unexpected situation.
Do plumbers need insurance?
The answer has been more than obvious. Yes, a plumber needs to have a liability insurance that allows them to be 100% protected, and clients should demand this from the worker as a requirement before hiring them.
Specialized insurances for plumbers, builders, and contractors are specially designed for professionals to perform work in other people’s homes in a safe way. If none is in place, repair costs due to accidents will come out of the worker’s pocket.
Plumbers’ insurance benefits are far-reaching. This means that they cover work in private residences and public agencies. The type of insurance you should choose depends on the tools you work with.
This means that insurance for electricians, bricklayers or plumbers is not the same. The work performed by a plumber requires specialized attention since they often have to handle gas appliances or heaters. Most of the time, they must carry heavy loads, which entails a higher level of risk.
Plumbing Insurance Liability
Many people wonder if a plumber’s insurance includes liability. Again, this is the most important part of any worker’s insurance.
Liability ensures comprehensive protection for the customer. But it also covers third parties who are harmed by any accident resulting from the work. It is also indispensable in case of claims arising from work for any irregularity in which the plumber’s job is directly linked.
To be much more specific, the civil liability of a plumber’s insurance protects the professional if he accidentally causes any damage to the property where he renders his services. In addition, it intervenes if, as a worker, you suffer any injury during the performance of your duties.
In case of accidents, the policy purchased is legally obliged to assume expenses for labor and tools used for the plumbing work. But that is not all, since it must also consider hospitalization expenses for serious or very serious injuries.
What else does a plumber’s insurance cover?
If you are looking for a good plumber’s insurance to protect you in any situation, you should be aware of the different sections offered by your policy. One of the most important clauses you should pay attention to is specifying the coverage of tools and materials.
First, joining a company that allows coverage for work supplies is advisable. The intention is to protect them against any situation of loss, damage, or theft.
But you must be very careful with the type of insurance you choose in this regard and what the clauses stipulate on this subject. In this order of ideas, it is necessary to make sure that your insurance covers each of the claims made by your clients in case the work tools are linked to any irregular situation.
Plumbers’ insurance that covers the materials they install is one of the best. They will stick up for you if, for some reason, you buy a faulty radiator that does not deliver the results the customer needs at a given time.
But the insurance provider will step in if the materials purchased are defective, as long as it was not the plumber’s responsibility and providing it was installed correctly.
Other types of plumbers’ insurance you should consider
In addition to liability, additional options are available for plumber’s insurance.
- Public liability: This is specially designed to cover damages to third parties. Coverage is triggered when an injury or the property is damaged.
- Product Liability: This policy is usually sold with Public Obligation. This type of policy is special when damage is caused in connection with something that has been sold or designed.
- Personal accident is also the most used because it helps the worker if unable to perform his duties in case of incapacity due to injuries caused by accidents or serious illnesses.
- Employer’s trust: It is indispensable for employers. Its function covers legal costs and compensation if the worker cannot continue working due to illness or injury.
- Instruments: This plumber’s insurance is specially designed for work materials and instruments. It will respond in case of theft, loss, or damage.
- Contract work: The contract work policy protects the business in unavoidable situations such as fires. It acts as if the owner must repeat work previously done or if repairs must be made.
Generally speaking, plumber’s insurance is indispensable for these professionals. It is a risky profession that requires a lot of protection for the worker.