We often arrive home tired and without knowing what to cook, but this will no longer be a problem with HelloFresh, which offers different subscription boxes for those who want a healthy and organized diet.
While this service has many advantages, sometimes it becomes a burden due to the expense involved in subscribing to these meal plans, so canceling HelloFresh membership can alleviate the monthly costs if you no longer want to be a customer of the company. But what if I want to cancel a HelloFresh order?
What is HelloFresh?
HelloFresh is a company that delivers portioned boxes of meals and ingredients (2 or 4) suitable for each type of person. These kits are elaborated and planned by chefs and food specialists, such as nutritionists, who are in charge of elaborating each box.
The packs of ready-made meals are delivered frozen, taken directly from the freezer, and thawed before eating. It is ideal for those who do not have much time to cook, which they can do with the different packs with ingredients, recipes, and, of course, the nutritional information corresponding to each meal.
Thanks to HelloFresh, subscribers can prepare their meals and plan their week to follow an orderly diet according to their needs. On the other hand, by including the indicated portions, the person doesn’t have to waste time measuring the number of ingredients needed for each preparation since they will receive everything ready to get down to work.
Advantages and features of HelloFresh
Cooking enthusiasts can access HelloFresh’s services to get the ingredients to prepare every meal. In addition, they will learn to cook new preparations thanks to the recipes included in the subscription pack, which is undoubtedly one of the company’s greatest advantages.
On the other hand, HelloFresh allows you to select the type of plan you need according to your preferences, so you can look for the portions that best suit your needs. In addition, the HelloFresh subscription can be canceled or paused before the products are delivered.
Another benefit of the food company is that the subscription is paid for boxes ($9 per serving) and a shipping fee of $10. Other than the above and the price for more comprehensive plans ($7.49), there is no additional amount to pay.
HelloFresh offers a 14-day free trial, during which you will receive free meals after paying for your subscription. The meals are fully healthy and approved by nutritional health experts, so the number of calories per meal is well-proportioned for each individual.
Which are the HelloFresh subscription plans?
The HelloFresh subscription renews every week automatically unless the customer pauses the service or changes the plan. Once the subscriber signs up for the boxes, they must choose which option is best for their diet. Meal plans are purchased for either two or four people and come with a variety of between 2 to 6 meals per week.
Among the plans HelloFresh offers to its subscribers, we can highlight the following:
- Classic Meat and Veggie: This diet is classic, with vegetables and proteins. It includes different varieties of fish, meat, and chicken, plus fresh vegetables to go with it.
- Veggie: Meals are made only with vegetables, with no meat whatsoever.
- Pescatarian: Meals contain no meat or poultry. This plan includes vegetables with fish and seafood.
- Quick and Easy: These recipes are ideal for people who come home from work tired and do not have time to cook. With this plan, you can have your meal ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Family Friendly: This recipe is perfect for the younger ones, who tend to be reluctant to try new ingredients.
- Calorie Smart: This is one of the plans perfected by nutritionists and dieticians, who control that each portion has no more than 650 calories.
What are the reasons for canceling HelloFresh?
One of the reasons why people decide to cancel HelloFresh is because they do not offer a variety of meals for particular diets, such as celiac, gluten-free, paleo, or keto. If you have any allergy or pathology regarding the preparations, check the information with a customer service advisor to clear your doubts and not pay for something you cannot consume.
The pandemic has favored HelloFresh since people began to demand food from their homes, so HelloFresh has increased its sales since 2020 and, with it, the prices of its boxes. It has caused several customers to request the termination of the service.
On the other hand, customers were dissatisfied that each meal costs $7.49, as it would be much cheaper to cook for themselves.
How to cancel a HelloFresh subscription?
If you wish to cancel your HelloFresh subscription, you must follow a few simple steps. Remember that it is likely that customer retention will offer you to continue contracting the service, and they will provide you with different offers and an improved and special recipe menu for you, so you must be firm if you wish to carry on with your decision to cancel HelloFresh.
To cancel a HelloFresh subscription definitively, you have to:
- Go to HelloFresh’s official website by clicking here.
- Access your account from “Log in” on the upper right side of the screen.
- Click on “Account Settings”.
- Then, go to the “Status” section at the bottom of the page.
- Select “Cancel Plan”.
- A list will appear, and if you want, choose the reason why you decided to cancel the HelloFresh subscription.
- To cancel permanently, click on “Cancel anyway”.
Finally, on the next screen, you will see a message confirming the cancellation of the account, as well as the last date on which you will receive your box.
Try to cancel the HelloFresh subscription five days before the next delivery and before 11:59 pm (PST). HelloFresh assures that cancellations will not be made in case of cancellation after the renewal date.
How to cancel a HelloFresh order
If you wish to skip a delivery, i.e., cancel a HelloFresh order, during a particular period, either because you know you will not be there to receive your food or because you will not be eating at home, you need to make a few changes on the HelloFresh website.
This way, you will avoid being charged additional fees if your food is delivered and you cannot receive it. To cancel a HelloFresh order, you need to follow a few simple steps, which will not take you more than a minute.
1. Go to HelloFresh’s official website.
2. Login with your account.
3. Go to the “My deliveries” section.
4. On the right side of the page, select the “Edit delivery” option.
5. Next, a list of options will open, and you should choose “Skip this week”.
6. That’s it! You have canceled a HelloFresh order.
You can do this process from the web or the HelloFresh application. Remember that when you skip a HelloFresh delivery, it is only valid for a single weekly order. In other words, your HelloFresh subscription will remain the same, and you will continue receiving your food every week, just as you have been.
- “How to Cancel a HelloFresh Subscription | HelloFresh.” HelloFresh, https://www.hellofresh.com/about/how-to-cancel-hellofresh-subscription.
- “How to Cancel HelloFresh Subscription [Top Hacks].” DoNotPay, https://donotpay.com/learn/how-to-cancel-hellofresh/.
“How to Cancel Order Hellofresh – Realtykites.Com.” Realtykites.Com, https://realtykites.com/how-to-cancel-order-hellofresh/.
- “Order Your Delicious Meal Kit | Healthy Meals | HelloFresh.” Fresh Food & Meal Kit Delivery Service | HelloFresh, https://www.hellofresh.com/plans.
- Sayer, Amber. “How to Cancel HelloFresh a Subscription | The Manual.” The Manual, The Manual, 18 Aug. 2022, https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/how-to-cancel-hellofresh/.