Apple Pay has become one of the most widely used payment methods in the United States. It guarantees a secure, fast, and effective transaction.
This digital wallet is essential for users of different commercial establishments because it will not require the use of credit or debit cards to make payments.
It is also an application compatible with devices such as iPhone or iPad, manufactured by Apple.
Since 2014, many people do not have all the information for a successful transaction despite being available in the market. Therefore, they have been asking the following question: Can you get cash back with Apple Pay?
Can you get cash back when using Apple Pay?
Of course, you can. But to benefit from this advantage, you need to consider these elements:
- The store you want to make payments to must support Apple Pay. But it is getting more and more difficult to find a store that does not accept this virtual wallet. Most of them in the United States have adapted their platform to this system.
- It is important to register credit cards or debit cards that accept returns to the Apple Pay platform.
- Return rewards will be possible depending on the policies of each store.
One of the great advantages of this wallet is that it allows a 2% cash back if you make payments with Apple Pay at any compatible establishments.
But the cashback will be 3 % if the transactions are made in any of the Apple branches.
The system is also set up for 3% cash back at T-Mobile, Nike, Pan Panero, Walgreens, Uber Come, Exxon, Mobile, and Duane Reade.
Set up Apple Pay on your device
You can’t receive cash back if you don’t register the virtual wallet on your mobile device. It’s pretty simple and quick, so that you can do it yourself now.
The first step is to set up your debit card or credit card in the Wallet app database that you will get on your mobile, tablet, and others.
You can affiliate the app on as many devices as you want. But for it to work, you need to affiliate your cards on each one.
Although these are devices of the same brand, the setup process varies if it’s an iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
And here, we will tell you what to do in each case for the procedure to be successful:
- Configuration for iPhone: go directly to the Wallet app. Then you will have to press the “+” button. You will find it at the top right.
- Add Apple Pay on an iPad: Go to the “Settings” option. Now click on the “Wallet” and “Apple Pay” buttons. Then add your card information.
- Apple Pay for Apple Watch: Go to the Apple Watch app from your iPhone device. Now go straight to the “Wallet” and “Apple Pay” options to enter your card information.
- For Mac devices: The device must have the Touch ID application. Then follow the path below: System Preferences > Wallet and Apple Pay. Now select the card you want to add to the system.
Use the Apple Pay app from an ATM
You can get cash from ATMs only from some banks in the United States. The banks that offer the service are Bank of America, Capital One, Citibank, Citibank, American Express, Perseguir, Barclays, and United States Bank.
This way, you can get cash from ATMs:
- See if your credit card or debit card information is affiliated with the Wallet app.
- Go to the ATMs with an Apple Pay or contactless symbol.
- Go directly to the Apple Pay Wallet option from your mobile device. Now tap the Apple Pay symbol on the ATM with your mobile device.
- The next step will allow you to verify your request through Touch ID or Face ID systems.
- You can enter the PIN code of the registered card in the Wallet app. The system will not always ask for this information.
- Continue the procedure from the ATM. You will have to complete each of the required steps to get your money.
Get cash back for linking Apple Pay
Did you know that you can also get cash back by linking your debit or credit card to Apple Pay?
It seems like a difficult task, but it’s not impossible. The first thing you need to do is know what kind of stores allow this benefit.
You need to link your credit card to Apple Pay, ensure the store’s platform is supported, and choose the retailer to participate in the process.
But what stores can I get cash back with Apple Pay?
Safeway, Trader Joe’s, and Albertson’s are a few. Now, you can contact the store closest to your home to make sure it supports it.
Can I get cash in stores?
Of course, it is also possible, and this procedure is simple. The option is available for those who want to have cash and can’t find an Apple Pay compatible ATM nearby.
All you have to do is open the Wallet app. Now press the Apple Pay Cash card. To complete the procedure, you must press the “Withdraw” button and type the total amount you want to get in bills.
Provide the verification code that will arrive via text message to your cell phone. Then, withdraw the money. Establishments such as Walmart are available to carry out this transaction.
Is it possible to generate credits with this digital wallet?
As a regular Apple Pay customer, you probably wonder if you can generate credits and increase your credit score.
But the answer is no, just because it is a virtual wallet and not a product derived from a financial institution.
Despite this, the platform could help you optimize your credit history. The best way to do this is by paying on time the credit card affiliated with this digital wallet.
Apple Pay has arrived to make your life easier by offering a much faster and safer way to pay. You can get cash back by using it regularly at authorized stores.
Undoubtedly, this is another of the benefits of this virtual wallet that has been operating for the Apple company since 2014. What are you waiting for to register the product and fill yourself with gifts?