If someone hit your car in the parking lot and you see some kind of a bit note right there on your car. Then the first thing you can do is, keep that note safe at your place. If that note has the contact information of that person or his insurance policy company’s name or contact information he has given there, then it becomes your primary duty to keep that note safe somewhere.
Then the second thing you should do is, contact that person who hit your car in a parking lot. And then, before questioning that person’s insurance company, you must have an estimate of the expenses involved in order to get your car repaired.
To get to know about the exact amount of repair, you must go to the garage or any service centre; then the expert man will give you a proper number of how expensive it could be. After that estimation, you can do a few things; here are a few options you could choose, so keep reading the article.
Those options are as follows
- First of all, contact the person who hit your car in a parking lot. And then ask them if they are going to pay for the expenses from their pocket or what.
- If they are willing to pay for the charges from their driver’s insurance policy, then, first of all, collect all the information of the insurance and their company information. And then try to fill out the insurance claim from their insurance company.
- If your driver’s insurance company is not responding to your request regarding your driver’s insurance. Then you can spend your money from your own pocket in order to get your car repaired and then file a claim with your own insurance policy to get your money back.
- And in addition to this, keep one thing in your mind if you file a claim for your insurance, then you will need to pay for the collision deductible before your insurance gets into it.
- Also, your share could rise over 20% to 25% once you file it.
- Although if your deductible amount is as same as the cost of the repair, then you could pay for it from your pocket and save your premium for later use.
Contact the Police
If someone hit your car and did not even leave a note for you, then you can go to the police now. Or make a call to them and report the whole scenario. The cop will take your full report and file a case of an accident.
That report will be vital for you to show your insurance company. When the police officer makes a report, don’t forget to keep one copy of that report for yourself. That could be important for the insurance thing.
This article was about; Someone Hit My Parked Car and Left a Note. In this article, we have covered a few options right there in the report. Before coming to any conclusion, you must look forward to any other viable option for you.
As we mentioned earlier in the article, such car accidents happen to us every time, and those are frustrating too. But you don’t need to worry about that now. Now you have the whole information regarding it in this article.
Also, we are suggesting getting insurance done for your car. That insurance would help you to get proper coverage. And this wholesome coverage would help your vehicle in the future. If your vehicle had an accident, then this car insurance would allow you to uplift the whole expenses in order to get your vehicle repaired.
Although there are so many insurance companies out there that would provide you with the whole coverage package at a very suitable price, so, get one for you; also, you can get a free quote too. Go on the internet and request a free auto insurance quote. You will get these quotes for free on your mobile.