Venmo is one of the most popular mobile payment apps in the United States. The platform lets users send and receive money quickly and easily through smartphones. These transactions are only made between registered users with U.S. phone numbers, meaning only domestic transfers are made.
A significant advantage of Venmo is that it offers its users promotions to encourage using the platform and new people to register in the app. As a marketing method, Venmo gives away $10 to new users who wish to send, receive and make payments with this virtual platform.
How to get $10 in Venmo? Step by Step
Like any company, Venmo has terms and conditions regarding the $10 fee. Not everyone can access them because it is only for a certain period. Reading any contract’s “fine print” or terms and conditions is essential to evade possible unfortunate events.
To avoid confusion, it is necessary to comply with a series of requirements to be eligible to collect the $10, as long as the interested party is within the parameters established in Venmo’s terms and conditions.
- Register through an invitation link from a friend.
- Download the app on your smartphone, create your account with username and password, and verify it with your email.
- Provide personal information and a valid payment method (credit or debit card).
- Complete the identity verification.
- Make a transaction of at least $5 within 14 days after verifying the account.
- Wait for the $10 to be credited on its own (may take up to 7 days).
What are the requirements to cash out $10 at Venmo?
Individuals eligible to get Venmo’s reward for signing up for the app must:
- Be a resident of the United States (any of its 50 states) or the District of Columbia.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Create a new valid Venmo account.
- It must be a personal account.
- Business accounts are not eligible for this benefit.
- Have registered by invitation, either from a friend, site banner, or other offers.
- Register in the application using a friend’s invitation link.
- Have verified your account within 14 days of its creation.
- Have added a valid payment method to the Venmo account and made a transaction of at least $5 within 14 days of account creation. You can send money to yourself on Venmo, pay, transfer to a friend, or do any other $5 transaction.
- It cannot be combined with other Venmo promotions.
2024 Offer Period
The new offer of the year to get $10 in Venmo started on March 1, 2024, at 12:00:00 a.m. (PT), and ends on December 31, 2024, at 23:59:59 p.m. (PT). However, this promotion is limited to 10,000 new users, so the offer will end after this maximum number of rewards has been exhausted.
IMPORTANT: The $10 bonus will be credited within seven days after completing the $5 transaction.
Why is Venmo app not working?
If the Venmo app is not working, it is probably because you have a terrible WIFI connection or it is unstable. It could also be that your app does not download the latest update, so you should ensure this is not the problem by logging into the app store on your device. If Venmo is still not working, try closing and reopening the app, and if it doesn’t work, restart your phone or reinstall it.
Another possibility is that Venmo is not working due to a problem with your account; perhaps it is because it needs to be verified or because you still need to complete all the steps required to activate your account. Check that the payment methods are current and valid. If it’s still not working, you should contact technical support to speak with an assistant.
Why is my debit card being declined when I have money in my account?
Suppose you have money in your bank account associated with your Venmo account. Still, you cannot pay because you get an error message when making a transaction. In that case, it is because of an error in the card data. Check that the card numbers, security code, and expiration date are correct. If that is not the error, Venmo may not accept your bank card, so make sure that your issuing bank and Venmo are compatible with online transactions.
Also, remember that Venmo only accepts transfers between users in the U.S. In the event of any problem that you think is caused by your bank, you should contact a customer service agent at the bank.
Another common problem with transfer errors is that the debit or credit cards are expired, so the payment cannot be made. Suppose you have had a problem with your Venmo account, and it has been blocked. In that case, you will not be able to complete successful transactions until the account is unlocked. You should investigate the reason for the blockage and contact Venmo technical support to resolve the issue.
Always remember to check that you have money in your account and that your credit or debit card from the issuing bank has available funds or that you have not exceeded the maximum amount of money you can spend with each card.
- Mishra, Aryan. “Venmo Sign Up Bonus 2024: $10 New User Bonus & $20 Referral Bonus.” Referral Offer, April 8 2024, https://referraloffer.com/venmo-sign-up-bonus.
- Staff, Editorial. “Is Venmo $10 Legit? Eligibility & Requirements Venmo $10 Bonus.” Com – Beginner’s Guide to Venmo, November 4 2022, https://venmoguide.com/is-venmo-10-legit/.