DoorDash is the most popular food delivery service in the United States; through the app, you can order food from different popular fast-food chains, but you need to meet some requirements, so it’s important to be aware of how old do you have to be to DoorDash.
You can be part of DoorDash by providing your delivery services; becoming a delivery person is now easier and more beneficial. Although, you need to meet some requirements to be part of the company, like age requirements for Doordash. Let’s see how old do you have to be to do Doordash.
Age requirements to be part of DoorDash
So, let’s talk about how old do you have to be to work for Doordash. The “how old to do Doordash” question is one of the most frequent when talking about delivery services. Among the requirements to be part of the company’s drivers is that you must be at least 18 years old; it is not allowed to hire minors because of all the risks involved. In addition, you must have your license and prove that you are responsible behind the wheel.
In addition to taking into account how old you have to be to Doordash, having a smartphone, a clean driving record, and a vehicle in good condition are basic requirements of the company. Likewise, they do a background check to see if you are eligible to be part of the deliveries after knowing how old do you have to be to be a Doordash driver.
Now, if you are a minor, you can choose to be the companion of one of the drivers allowed in the application; you need to have a valid DoorDash account. Of course, you must find a driver who wants to have a companion.
All the requirements to work at DoorDash
After knowing how old do you have to be to door dash, and in addition to the age requirement for Doordash (being at least 18 years old), you must meet other needs within the list, you do not need to have experience, but other elements are required such as:
- You can have a car, bicycle, truck, motorcycle, or scooter, but it must be yours and be free of any fines
- Having the driver’s app on your cell phone
- Valid driver’s license
- For valid vehicle insurance, you must provide the name of your policy
- Social Security number
- Background check and driving record
- Taking the orientation online or in-person
One of the benefits of being a DoorDash driver is that you have the freedom to decide the hours you will be available, perfect for additional income outside your day job. Now that you are aware of how old do you have to be to work at Doordash, which is 18 years old, you have the opportunity to embark on a journey of financial independence and start earning your own income.
By joining DoorDash, you can take advantage of flexible work hours and the potential to earn money through food delivery services. This not only allows you to gain valuable work experience but also provides a means to support yourself and achieve your financial goals. So, if you meet the age requirement (now you are aware of how old to Doordash), seize the opportunity to start making your own money with DoorDash!
NOTE: Never forget how old do you have to be to do door dash. It’s an imperative age to do doordash requirement.
DoorDash File Verification
The verification done by DoorDash is of both the motor vehicle report and the criminal record report. If there are any limitations on either, you will be immediately disqualified from being a driver.
Such a check can take five to seven business days for a response; sometimes, the wait can be extended for various reasons. DoorDash must use an outside company to do these verifications, which explains the delay.
Throughout the process, you can check your verification status whenever you want; through candidate.checkr.com, you can enter the background check with your phone number, Social Security Number, email, and date of birth.
After entering all the information, you only need to press “Get status,” and the check status will appear.
Insurance for DoorDash Delivery Drivers
Having to stay on the road constantly makes it mandatory to have an automobile insurance policy to cover any damages. DoorDash’s commercial auto insurance policy has coverage for up to $1,000,000 in bodily injury and property damage to third parties.
The insurance will only work on “active delivery,” DoorDash defines it as such when you have the order. If you suffer an injury at that time, the company may cover some medical expenses.
Work accident coverage includes medical expenses, survivor’s benefits, and disability payments. However, it would help if you asked what it will cover and the cases they are responsible for.
How does the driver application work?
You can start accepting delivery requests once you are verified and have a complete registration in DoorDash. In the special driver app available for iOS and Android, you will see the pending deliveries and can choose which one to take.
You must be attentive because the request will go out to different drivers in the same area, and the delivery is awarded to the one who answers the bid first.
How much can you earn as a DoorDash driver?
Now that you know how old do you have to be for Doordash, it’s important to know how much drivers earn. No minimum wage is set by California’s Assembly Bill 5 (AB5) and the work-for-hire rule. You can earn approximately $18.79 per day.
Your earnings change based on your location, bonuses, and incentives. You will receive payments for each delivery, and the total is paid to you every Monday. Your money is sent via direct deposit to your bank account, and for each delivery, you get paid between $2 and $10.
There are additional incentives to motivate you to do your best work, and 100% of the tips are yours. Although you don’t get paid for waiting in the restaurant, you can get up to $25 per hour while making deliveries.
How to apply to become a DoorDash driver?
If you want to become a driver DoorDash and want to start making money, first you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the DoorDash website and click on “Become a Dasher” (“Start earning”)at the top of the page.
- On the next page, enter your city or zip code to see available opportunities in your area.
- Select “Driver” from the list of roles to proceed with the application process.
- Click on “Sign Up” to create a new account using your email address, phone number, and password.
- Fill out the Doordash driver application with your personal information, including your name, address, and social security number.
- DoorDash requires all drivers to undergo a background check. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the background check.
- Provide information about your vehicle, including the make, model, and year. You will also need to provide proof of insurance and registration.
- Set up your payment method to receive earnings from DoorDash. You can choose from direct deposit, PayPal, or a prepaid debit card.
- After you have completed the background check, DoorDash will review your application. You will be approved to become a DoorDash driver if everything is in order.
- Once you have been approved, you must activate your dashboard by clicking on the link sent to you via email. This will give you access to the DoorDash platform and allow you to start accepting deliveries.