Department store cards are cards used to purchase products from the store where they are issued. They allow loyal customers to finance their purchases and access special promotions. Consumers usually acquire them to have more shopping opportunities at large companies such as Walmart or Target that allow them to purchase food, clothing, household items, and more.
These cards are also functional for those who have not had one and want to build a credit history. The main reason is that these types of credit cards are easier to obtain than traditional bank cards. They also work very well for those with bad credit who want to rebuild their credit report.
What is the easiest department store credit card to get?
To apply for a credit card, you need to meet certain requirements, even those that are department store own products. One of the most important aspects is to have a good credit score and a decent credit history. This type of card is usually less demanding than a traditional bank card, and some of them can also be used as a conventional card.
The cards can be good and easy to apply for, depending on the applicant and the company. Some stores have certain standards, while others do not consider credit records as a determining factor. If you want to opt for a card that is easy to obtain, here is a list of the best options in department stores and companies in general.
Amazon store card
The Amazon store card is one of the best in terms of companies. This card lets customers shop online and pay in easy monthly installments. It has a 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and has two special forms of financing:
Equal monthly payments
- Six equal monthly payments on purchases of $150 or more
- Twelve equal monthly payments on purchases of $600 or more.
- 24 equal monthly payments on select purchases of $600 or more
This type of financing is available for all purchases over $150.
- Six monthly payments on purchases of $150 or more
- Twelve monthly payments on purchases of $600 or more
- 24 monthly payments on select purchases of $800 or more
Synchrony Bank issues this card with no annual fees and 100% fraud protection. If you join Prime, you can get 5% cashback on your everyday purchases. You can also join exclusive offers and special financing.
The card can only be used at Amazon.com and Amazon- owned businesses such as Audible, AWS, Amazon Booksellers, and Amazon Businesses.
Capital One Walmart Rewards Card
The One Capital- issued credit card is a 5% cashback offer for cashback made at Walmart.com. You save 2% if you pay with it at Walmart stores, gas stations, restaurants, and for travel. You also get an additional 1% for any purchase at stores that accept MasterCard. You can save all this money for the first 12 months of use.
Since it is a MasterCard, you can use it to pay inside and outside Walmart’s facilities, a positive point compared to Amazon’s card. Thanks to its rewards system, you can:
- Redeem your points for cash
- Finance the cost of a partial or complete purchase.
- Redeem gift cards
- Redeem rewards on airline tickets, hotels, and more
Some of the benefits of having a Capital One Walmart Rewards Card are:
- Zero liability for fraud if a card is lost or stolen
- Immediate security alerts for suspicious activity
- Manage your account from anywhere with the Capital One mobile app
- Quick card blocking in case of loss or theft
Macy’s Star Rewards
Macy’s Star Rewards American Express card has a wide range of benefits for its customers with the slogan “Earn wherever you go.” As an American Express card, you can use it at additional merchants.
With the application of the card, you have the following rewards:
- Save 3% at restaurants, including on home orders.
- 2% reimbursement on purchases at supermarkets and gas stations.
- 1% cashback on payments at any store where American Express is accepted.
Another way to earn with this card is by accumulating points that you can redeem. For the accumulation of 1,000 points, you can get a $10 gift on your card.
Target Red Card
Target’s red card is also one of the most reliable alternatives if you want to get an easy credit card. It has a 5% savings plan on your daily in-store or online purchases that is attractive to customers.
The benefits of having a Target Red Card are:
- 5% off online or in-store purchases nationwide.
- Free shipping on most products purchased from Target.com
- Access to other special offers and promotions
- 30 days for exchanges and returns of your purchased items
The 5% discount also applies to the following circumstances:
- Clearance item purchases
- On weekly specials published by Target
- Purchases at any Starbucks store
- Payments on gift card specials for travel, dining, movie tickets, and more
JCPenney Credit Card
The JCPenney Credit Card issued by Synchrony Bank is another ideal alternative if you want to get a store card. You can get up to 15% discounts on selected purchases if you pay with it. You can also receive $5 and $10 rewards after accumulating 100 and 200 points.
The company has two cards available: gold and platinum. Each has exclusive benefits. With the first one, you receive $10 on your birthday and a comprehensive coupon book, while the second one gives you $15 on your birthday, redeemable points, and coupons.