Publix offers grocery retail, and checks offer cashing and money order services.
We are suggesting that go you through this entire article meticulously and also make sure that you are not missing anything important.
Does Publix cash checks?
Although the government has issued that form of identification is necessary for you to cash your checks. This identification could require such as:
- Driver’s license
- Military identification
- State-issued identification card
However, Publix offers convenience for their customers who need to cash a check, especially those customers that are out of banking hours. If you are out of banking hours, Publix locations are a place to grocery shop, and conveniently you can cash a check here. It is not a financial institution and has fiduciary limits.
What are check-cashing fees and policies?
However, Publix limits the cashing services to personal and payroll checks. Although tax refunds, deposit checks from utilities, or rebate checks could be accepted, they would be taken at some locations only, not everywhere. Not all places will accept these types of checks.
What is required while cashing a check at Publix?
Consider the following things requisite for cashing a check at Publix. Take a look at them:
- Fees: To cash a check, it could charge you between $ 3 to $ 6.
- Personal checks: Personal checks are accepted at or below $ 75 with a monthly limit of $ 75. So, you can use Publix to cash several checks until it exceeds the amount of $ 75.
- Payroll checks: You can cash payroll checks for $ 500 per week. That means you are able to cash several checks within a week until it exceeds the amount of $ 500.
- Identification: For identification purposes, you could need things such as a driver’s license, military ID, state-issued ID card, or anything.
How to cash a check at Publix?
- Ensure the check is legible and not tattered.
- Ensure that the sender has filled in all the appropriate information correctly.
- And another thing comes here that make sure that you have not exceeded the limits of cashing personal or payroll checks.