In the industries the most important name in the furniture industry is Ashley Furniture, which was founded in 1945. It is a company known for having stylish, durable, and affordable furniture for the home, outdoors, and office. Knowing what Ashley Furniture Insurance covers and everything they offer in their protection plan are important.
If we are considering buying furniture for our home or office, the ideal thing is to ask ourselves what this insurance covers.
What does the Ashley Furniture Protection Plan cover?
It is a plan that does not require registration because we will register automatically at the purchase, eligible for immediate coverage. This company will offer three protection plans for furniture, exterior, and adjustable mattress foundation.
Among the coverages of Ashley’s protection plan, we must have the type of damage and the material because the coverages will be different for wood, fabric, or leather. Typically, for food and beverage, grease and oil, bodily fluids, ink, paint, breakage, facial cosmetics, grass and mud, nail polish, dye transfer, and burns.
In these cases, equal coverage is provided for all types of materials. For wood furniture, special protection will apply for glass breakage, bubbling, cracking, peeling of finish, chipping, or scratching. For leather and fabric furniture, they will apply coverages for component failure and tears and punctures.
The following damages will be covered under this protection plan:
- Water and drink marks or rings.
- Human or pet bodily fluids.
- Tears and punctures.
- Keyways and burns.
- Glass breakage, cracking, or chipping.
- Mechanism breakage.
- Damage to welds or assembled joints.
Adjustable mattress base
An adjustable mattress base protection plan is also offered that will cover the following damages:
- Power overload.
- Parts and labor.
What is not covered by the insurance?
The insurance does not cover different damages; among the main damages that will not be covered are:
- Normal wear and tear of the furniture, being damage accumulated over some time and not due to a single occurrence.
- Damage from stains caused by mildew, acid, lye, rust, odor, and corrosion.
- Damage caused by movement in delivery, transit, and assembly.
- Peeling or cracking of vinyl, leather, bonded, or bifused.
- Outdoor fires, umbrellas, and heaters.
- Damage to accessories or cushions sold with sofas and loveseats is not covered.
- Damage resulting from acts of God, negligence, theft, riot, or other peril.
- They are used for rental or commercial use.
- Damage caused by animal teeth, beaks, or claws.
No insurance claim can be made if these situations occur since the insurance policy will not cover them.
How do I make an Ashley Furniture insurance claim?
The procedure for claiming Ashley Furniture Insurance to cover furniture damage is very easy. The first thing they will ask us to do is to have the Protection Plan document previously registered along with the purchase receipt.
The next step is to contact GBS Enterprises via a phone call or visit their website. When we contact the company, one of their representatives will ask us a few questions, and experts will handle the rest.
If we want to be eligible for an Ashley Furniture Insurance claim, we must report the damage within 30 days of discovery, so most denials are given for accumulation.