Chick fil A is one of the most important fried chicken chains in the United States. The company has an extensive menu of fast food, salads, children’s dishes, hamburgers, beverages, etc. Given this wide variety of products, the company offers different payment methods to facilitate customers’ purchases.
One of the most popular payment methods consumers use is the Apple Pay application. It is a fast and secure way to sample Chick fil A’s menu on any day. Here’s how you can pay using the app for Apple devices.
How to pay Chick Fil A with Apple Pay?
Chick Fil A has been accepting payments through Apple Pay since February 2016. That year, the company announced that they were joining technological payment methods to offer a better service to their customers.
From this platform, the fast-food chain ensures secure, efficient, and private transactions for the convenience of its consumers. The restaurant accepts payment on the premises, through self-service, and from home with in-app payments. Chick Fil A customers can use different ways to pay with Apple Pay; here, we explain them.
If you’re at one of Chick Fil A’s restaurants, you can pay with Apple Pay using your phone or smartwatch. Locations that accept this payment method will have the app logo in the window or near the cashiers.
If you are in a restaurant and want to pay with Apple Pay, follow these instructions:
- Go to the cashier and place your order.
- Tell the cashier that you are going to use Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Bring your mobile device close to the NFC card reader to make the payment.
- If the process is completed successfully, you will see a confirmation message on your mobile screen.
How to use Apple Pay in Chick-fil-A with iPhone Face ID?
If you have an iPhone with Face ID, you can verify your identity and pay by following these steps:
- Double click the side button on the iPhone to pay with your credit card.
- Verify your identity with Face ID or passcode
- Put your phone near the NFC card reader until a checkmark appears on the screen and the confirmation pops up.
How to use Apple Pay in Chick fil A with iPhone Touch ID?
You can also pay if you use the Touch ID mode. To make the transaction by this method, follow these steps:
- Place your finger on the Touch ID to pay with the selected card
- Place the phone near the NFC card reader until the verification with the word “Ready” appears on the iPhone screen and a confirmation check will appear
How to pay Chick fil A with Apple Pay from a smartwatch?
You can also pay with Apple Pay using an Apple Watch. As with iPhone, this method is very convenient and secure for customers. Follow these steps to make the payment:
- Double click on the side button of your Apple Watch to pay with the card of your choice
- Place the watch face down near the NFC card reader.
- Hold the watch in the above position until you feel a vibration. Through this vibration, you will know that the transaction is completed.
How to use Apple Pay in Chick fil A with Drive Thru?
To use Apple Pay from the drive-thru, you must follow the same steps as inside the restaurant, but this time at the payment window. Follow these instructions to complete the process:
- Place your order from the speaker
- When you reach the payment window, notify the cashier that you want to use Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Place your iPhone or smartwatch near the NFC card reader.
- Wait for the device to notify the payment confirmation, and you’re done.
All self-service counters are adapted with payment readers for this type of transaction. Remember that you do not have to hand over your Apple device to the cashier, but you can easily access the reader from the vehicle.
How to pay with Apple Pay from the Chick-fil app?
You can also pay from Apple Pay within the Chick-fil-A app. This way of payment can be used to order food at home, eat inside the restaurant or pick it up from the drive-thru.
Apple Pay is available within the Chick-fil-A payment methods. You can view it among the options before ordering and completing the transaction using an Apple Wallet.
The process is very simple, order the food and choose how to pick up or receive it. Then select Apple Pay as the payment method and continue the process with the Apple card.
It is important to note that Chick-fil-A uses third-party apps for online ordering. Depending on where you live, it may send you to DoorDahs, GrubHub, Postmates, or UberEats. Although they use third-party platforms, the order is recorded within the Chick-fil site.
Steps to set up Apple Pay to pay at Chick fil A
If you wish to use any of the above options to pay with Apple Pay, you must first set up the app. The process is very easy, and you can do it from the “Settings” section of the app inside iPhone or smartwatch, only if you attached your phone to your watch. Follow these instructions:
- Go to the “Wallet” app and press the “Add” button.
- Choose between a credit or debit card.
- Click on “Continue.”
- Select the bank from the list of public financial institutions.
- Complete the instructions to add the card
- Confirm your card details and add the additional information requested by the platform.
After following each of these steps, you can pay with any of the previously mentioned methods.