People with American Express cards or that are considering applying for one should know of their benefits. One of the most popular is the points system.
These points can be earned depending on the number of purchases made or the type of card used. Redeeming them can be beneficial in many ways.
How do I redeem American Express points?
First, you must log in to your account by going to the official American Express website. Then you select the “Use points for purchases.” option. In this section, you only have to choose the transactions you want to redeem your points for and how many you would like to use.
Once you decide, you will be able to confirm your transactions. The point credits will be reflected in your account within three business days from when the transaction was confirmed.
What are the terms and conditions of AmEx points?
According to AmEx terms and conditions, the following should be noted:
|Eligible transactions in euros or dollars
|Request for reimbursement
|Purchase points are delivered as credit
|1000 points per eligible transaction
|Redeeming points with purchases changes the transaction time.
|The option to use purchase points is suspended if the card is expired.
|Late payments should not be withheld.
|Reflection of points
- “Eligible transactions” refers to those purchases made with an AmEx International card. Either in Euros or eligible dollars
- These transactions may change over time. When you request redemption of points, you will be notified about which transactions are eligible
- Points redeemed through “Use Points for Purchases” will be issued as credit to the Card Account to which the Eligible Transaction was originally charged
- For a transaction to be eligible, it must have a minimum of 1,000 points. In addition, credits to your account cannot be greater than the Eligible Transaction
- When using “use points for purchases” by phone or online, it is possible to modify the time in which Eligible Transactions are eligible for redemption
- If the card account is past due or in collection, the “use points for purchases” option may be suspended
- Payments due on the card account should not be held
- It may take up to three business days for the points to be reflected in your account
What are the best ways to redeem American Express points?
There are a variety of options for redeeming American Express points. However, the best options are as follows.
iTunes Gift Card USD50
This gift card requires 9,000 points. It is a fitting option for music lovers who want to redeem points for albums, audiobooks, videos, and games at the iTunes Store. It cannot be used to redeem Apple products.
When the transaction is processed, orders will be emailed within 14 business days. Some products may arrive in 28 days. Likewise, delivery times are shown on the order confirmation and are not guaranteed.
Banana Republic Gift Card
18,000 points are required to obtain a Banana Republic gift card. This would be the best option for fashion lovers. The card can be redeemed for clothing, shoes, accessories, intimate apparel, and personal care products.
This card is accepted at all Banana Republic locations within the United States and through online shopping. Orders may be shipped in 14 to 28 business days.
Manor Gift Card
18,000 to 9,000 points are required. This card can be redeemed at Switzerland’s largest online store and can be redeemed for groceries and appliances. Deliveries are received within 14 to 28 working days.
Attica Gift Card
19500 to 97,500 points. By acquiring this gift card, you can buy clothing for women, men, and children in addition to accessories and household items. You can redeem your points with a wide range of options because they offer more than 850 brands in the store.
Brown Thomas Gift Card
The points needed to get a Brown Thomas Gift Card range from 19,500 to 97,500 points. This is Ireland’s most popular lifestyle store.
It has a wide variety of designer merchandise. You can purchase goods and services from any Brown Thomas or BT2 branch in Ireland through this card.
- “Membership Rewards® Search Results.” American Express Credit Cards, Rewards & Banking, https://www.americanexpress.com/en-xb/rewards/membership-rewards/search?all=true&linknav=icc-mr-vrp–shopmenu-allrewards