A security job can be challenging to manage on a day-to-day basis. While that is true, it is also an industry that requires a lot of dedication and passion. Just as only some are qualified to be police officers, a security guard job or an armed security job only applies to some.
However, if you are qualified for the task and intend to find a job in this field, you may be interested to know where to find security jobs near me.
Best companies and places hiring security guards
The United States is a country where the population is clear that security is above all else. The second amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees that everyone has the right to defend themselves.
In this sense, many companies are hiring for armored security Jobs, among others. Below you will find the most relevant ones and how you can apply for a security guard job in any of the following companies:
If you intend to develop in the position in Allied Universal, you can find your career as a professional in the area of security, defense, and protection of citizens. It is the leading company in North America regarding security service providers. They have close to 300,000 security guards in their ranks.
Allied security jobs near me offer medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and employee assistance programs, and company discounts.
Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time security jobs, you can find your next job here. The application process is straightforward:
- Log on to https://jobs.aus.com/.
- In the filters, enter the type of security job, city, or zip code.
- Click on “Search.”
- You will then see all the results near me for the position you are interested in.
- Click on the job you are interested in, and you will be redirected to a new page to see the requirements, responsibilities, and benefits.
- Finally, click on “Apply now.”
Although it is not a company, as we are referring to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), what better way to start your career as a security guard than in the heart of America’s security?
There are many job opportunities at DHS. There are even positions that can take you into cybersecurity. If you already have experience, think about working in an airport, seaport, or border security.
If you are interested in applying for homeland security jobs near me, here’s how:
- Log on to https://www.dhs.gov/homeland-security-careers.
- Go to the “DHS is Hiring” section.
- Next, you will see a list of currently open positions—for example, Law Enforcement, Immigration, and Intelligence, among others.
- Click “Apply Online” and “How to Apply.”
- Proceed according to the type of position (Federal Jobs, Veterans Employment).
It is a leading company in the security area with multiple employment opportunities. They offer opportunities for you to gain experience as an armed security guard and thus develop professionally within this sector.
Their schedules are flexible, and they train all beginners. They are open to veterans, women, students, and retirees, not only based on a male logic that men should work in the security field, which is essential to highlight.
To apply for a security job near me at Grada World, you only have to:
- Log on to https://securityjobsus.garda.com/.
- In the fields provided for this purpose, enter the type of job you are looking for and the city or zip code where you are interested in working.
- Click on “Search” (In the image, you can see an example).
- If the system shows results, select the one you are interested in.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
It is a job marketplace for security jobs. It works as a job search platform but is oriented only to employment in this sector.
You must create an account here and apply for the job. If you are interested in applying for one, select the one you are interested in, click on “Apply For This Job,” and continue with the procedure. You will receive daily or weekly alerts of security jobs hiring near me.
Fact: it also allows people who need to hire a part-time security guard to do it from the web.
Usually, those applying for a job in the security field must be of legal age and authorized to carry weapons (according to state legislation).
The job description varies according to the type of job. A guard is not necessarily qualified to carry a firearm. So in these cases, the positions offered are unarmed security jobs near me.
In addition, it should also be noted that it is a job that requires specific skills and abilities. For example, you must be willing to work a certain amount of hours. If you are a residential security guard, it may be a 12-hour full-time position.
Requirements for armed security jobs
Following the above, the applicant must meet the following requirements and qualifications (these vary by company, security agency, and type of position):
- Possess a current Security Guard License (depending on the state).
- Have some security, combat, or law enforcement experience. For example, some jobs require military experience.
- Have attended a recognized EP school.
- No criminal record
- Knowledge of security devices (cameras, cell phones, communication applications, etc.).
- Be physically fit for the job.
- It helps if the applicant has EMT Certifications or is a First Responder.
High-paying security jobs near me
The salary in this industry will depend on the position and company. However, according to ZipRecruiter, the highest paying security job is Security Control Room Officer. In this position, you can earn up to $127,500 per year.
Let’s take a look at some of the 5 best high-paying security jobs near me:
|Ups Address New York||Phone Number|
|33 Park Pl New York, NY 10007||(212) 810-0834|
|71 Broadway New York, NY 10006||(646) 449-9936|
|64 Beaver St New York, NY 10004||(212) 514-7472|
|462 W 42Nd St New York, NY 10036||(212) 581-2692|
|121 W 36Th St New York, NY 10018||(212) 736-3255|
|244 Madison Ave New York, NY 10016||(212) 532-5590|
|348 W 57Th St New York, NY 10019||(212) 960-8728|
|541 Third Ave New York, NY 10016||(646) 922-8307|
|163 Amsterdam Ave New York, NY 10023||(212) 362-3740|
|119 W 72Nd St New York, NY 10023||(212) 496-0216|
If you consider any of the above jobs to be too little money per year, to earn more money in security, you should ideally get more experience, such as in combat or weapons training. Companies place a high value on a person who is truly qualified for the position.
What is the average salary for a security guard in the U.S.?
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, an hourly security guard earns between $10.17 and $24.19. All in all, it is within the parameters of good pay.
Is security a good career path?
It is a good career path if you have the necessary training to get started in a security job, whether as an unarmed or an overnight security guard.
You will find many opportunities if you know which path to follow. With the right experience and the necessary training, you can find a job that suits you, pays well and opens avenues for you to continue developing as a professional in the field.
However, if you are not qualified and it is not a job that appeals to you, you may want to look elsewhere. For example, there are Server Jobs near me or Bartender Jobs hiring near me, which could be a better alternative to your future.
Other places to find jobs in security near me
If you have yet to get a security job in your location from security companies, there are other ways to find a job in this sector.
Indeed has security jobs near me. LinkedIn will also allow you to find a job in security if you prefer a more professional website. The same on Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter. You only have to indicate the position of your interest and the city where you live to find it.
- The 25 highest paying security officer jobs in 2023 (no date) ZipRecruiter. Available at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/g/Highest-Paying-Security-Officer-Jobs
- Security guards (2022) U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Available at: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes339032.htm