This platform has entered the fascinating world of streaming, dominated until now by subscription TV giants such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
It has designed unparalleled original programming to match the competition, offers subscription prices suitable for all audiences, and guarantees a quality service.
But it has also included an interesting value proposition that has not gone unnoticed. This is Discovery Plus Student Discount, which we will discuss below.
Does Discovery Plus have student discounts?
If you have come this far, it is because you are asking yourself the following question: Does Discovery Plus offer a student discount?
The answer is yes. This platform has designed an excellent proposal that allows students to reduce monthly costs after subscription.
But the benefit will be granted as long as the person can prove that they are a student. After formalizing the registration, the platform will offer HGTV, Food Network, Discovery Channel, and ID services.
Today, the service offers up to two alternatives:
- Discovery Plus with advertising with a value of $4.99 for each month.
- Discovery Plus without advertising at $6.99 per month.
But if you are a student, the monthly fee may decrease considerably. If you choose the option with advertising, the price to pay will be $2.99 per month.
An important consideration is that the platform does not offer discounts for the ad-free option. So regardless of your status, if you choose this option, the monthly amount to be paid will be exactly $6.99 .
What does Discovery Plus offer for students’ work?
As it is obvious, the discount provided by Discovery+ is created only for young people between 18 and 24 years of age. And to subscribe, you must prove your student status.
Are you going to apply for the discount? You must complete the following procedure to enjoy the benefit:
- Log in to the official Discovery Plus website.
- Click on the “Start Free Trial” button. The platform offers the opportunity to enjoy its content completely free for seven days. This means that the student will not have to pay for the service immediately.
- To formalize the registration, the user will have to attach useful information such as name, surname, name of institution or university, date of birth, and e-mail.
- Press the button identified as “Verify my student status.”
- The user will receive a promotion code in their e-mail.
- Redeem the code through the discoveryplus.com/redeem platform.
- Afterwards, the user will be able to continue with the procedure to sign up for the cheapest Discovery Plus plan.
The system will sometimes ask for extra documents to confirm the subscriber’s student status. These may be class schedules, tuition receipts, and student identification cards.
The verification of the information will be done by the company SheerID. This is a company in charge of confirming the different group memberships.
To find out what kind of information you have provided and how it will be used, you can go to the official SheerID website and see for yourself.
Elements to consider
Discovery Plus users will not have the opportunity to access student offers unless their current accounts is fully operational.
It is also important to know that these accounts will only be active for one year. To retain the benefit, students must verify their status each year.
This subscription plan will allow them to save considerably more money. But at the same time, they will have access to quality content at all times.
Upgrade your subscription plan on the different platforms
If you want to upgrade your subscription plan, you can easily do it from the forum.
For Smart TV, Xbox One, and web
- Log in by entering your username and password after registration. Then click on the “Accept” and “Continue” buttons. You can do it from a computer or a smartphone.
- At the top right of the screen, you will find the account button. If you click on it, the menu of options will be displayed for you to choose the corresponding one.
- Select the “Accounts” button once the menu is displayed.
- Now, choose the “Manage your account” option in the session identified as “Plans” and press the “Change Plan” button.
- Finally, you can choose the Ad-Free alternative.
For Android devices
- Go to the Google Play Store virtual library.
- Now, you will need to click on the subscriber’s button.
- The next step is to click on the Discovery Plus or Discovery+ option.
- Click on the “Cancel” option.
- Log in to the Discovery Plus platform from your mobile device and choose the No Advertising option.
For Apple TV
- If you are logged in to Apple TV, you must go to the Settings option.
- Under the Users and Passwords option. Ideally, choose your user.
- Now select the “Subscribers” option.
- The next step is to select the Discovery Plus subscription. Then choose “Cancel Subscription.”
- Go back to the Discovery Plus or Discovery + application. Now, you will have to select the ad-free plan.
It is important to know that the ad-free subscription plan is not available for students. If you make the switch, you will automatically have to pay the monthly fee of $6.99.