At PNC Bank, there is no minimum credit score to qualify for their credit cards, but this does not mean that everyone is eligible for their services. PNC Bank considers your employment history, income, and debt-to-income ratio.
One of their benefits is that it is unnecessary to have an account with PNC Bank to apply for a credit card. However, the recommendation is to have a good credit history before applying for the card.
PNC credit card pre-approval
The most effective way to get pre-approved for the PNC credit card, and, for many users, the only way, is through a mailed offer. Like other credit card companies, PNC sends pre-approved offers to qualifying customers.
Through PNC’s online site, there is no PNC pre-approval checker online, so most users claim that this is the only way to get pre-approved for a credit card.
When you receive a pre-approval from PNC, they have already investigated your credit history. They have evaluated whether you have the right profile to receive the card. However, having the pre-approval is not a guarantee that you will get the credit card; the entity may change its mind after a detailed evaluation of your finances.
There are some factors you should know about PNC credit card pre-approval; based on that, you may or may not expect to get it:
- PNC pre-screens potential customers and sends the offers to your mail
- It is one of the few recognized credit card issuers in the country that does not allow you to check if you have a pre-approval through its online page
- Although it is not among the requirements, most customers who have a PNC credit card have an excellent credit score
- Once you are pre-approved, your credit card will be reflected in the soft inquiries on your credit report
- To complete pre-approval, you can apply online or by calling 888 – 762 – 2265
Chances of getting approved for the PNC Credit Card
You can find up to 20 PNC Bank branches in the country; you can go to one of them to learn the methods needed to get your credit card approved. They will first ask for your financial information, such as annual income and current employment status.
While they don’t rely on your credit score alone, you must have a good one to increase your chances. So far, PNC Bank has four personal credit cards that you can get from the Visa brand:
- PNC’s Core Visa credit card: the introductory APR rate is 0% for the first 15 billing cycles on balance transfers; the same rate holds for as long as you have a balance in the account
- PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card: Upon approval, you will enjoy 1% cash back on all purchases and up to 4% cash back on gas
- PNC Visa Points Credit Card: For every dollar spent, you’ll earn four points
- PNC Premier Traveler Visa Signature Credit Card: two miles per dollar spent and a 30,000 bonus when you shop or pay $3,000 during the first three billing cycles.
How can you apply for your PNC credit card?
The process can be done through PNC Bank’s website, at one of its branches, or by calling 800 – 762 – 5684. If you apply online, you only need to provide basic information such as your social security number, annual income, and monthly housing payment.
The online application will also change whether you use PNC Bank’s online banking or not and your employment status. On the other hand, if you want an immediate response, you can make the entire application through a phone call.