Cash App is a tool for making transfers and receiving payments. Similar to Zelle or Venmo, it is a very popular platform because it allows you to make immediate transactions. At the same time, Plaid is a payment association service that will enable you to connect your bank account with payment applications. With their system, financial information is verified and transferred securely.
Plaid is a booming platform with more than one million dollars worldwide. Thanks to its level of trust and security in the market, it serves to connect with applications such as Cash App or Peer to Peer (P2P). Plaid is aligned with over 3,000 banks, credit unions, and other financial services.
What banks does Plaid support?
Cash App is a P2P tool that streamlines money transfers in mobile banking, stock investing, and Bitcoin buying and selling. It is rated as one of the best app stores for these transactions.
The Cash App platform works through Lincoln Savings Bank as the primary financial institution to connect with Plaid. However, the payment partnership service works with almost every financial institution in the country; it connects with more than 10,000 banks, and some of them are as follows:
- Capital One
- Bank of America
- Invest in folio
- Green Dot
- Interactive Brokers
- M1 Finance
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Net Spending
- Regions Bank
- Robin Hood
- TD Bank
- U.S. Bank
How to link Cash App thru Plaid?
Connecting Plaid to Cash App is simple and only requires a few steps. The general process is based on logging into Cash App and going to the “Linked Banks” option; you will see a list of all the options and link both platforms with the alternative of your choice. This connection is made through your username and password.
In the previous paragraph, we summarized the process as very simple, but you must complete other aspects to finish the process. If this process is not easy for you, we made a guide with all the detailed steps you need to complete. Follow these instructions:
Step One: Open the Cash App
Open the Cash App on your phone and ensure the latest version is installed. If you don’t have it, go to your App store on your mobile device and update the platform for better results.
Within the app, click on the profile icon on the top right of your phone screen.
Step two: Search for linked banks
When you go to the profile section, it will display a bar of options with different alternatives, press on “linked banks.” The platform will load a new options bar, and now you must check on the “linked bar.” When executing this function, the application will display the terms and conditions and tap on the “continue and move forward” button.
Step three: Find your bank and complete the information
The application will load a list of all available banks. Remember that the platform has thousands of financial institutions; to easily find yours, type the bank’s name in the top bar of “Search.”
When you find the bank, click on it and log in with your username and password of the selected bank. After completing this process, you can use your Cash App partner bank.
Can I use Cash App without using Plaid?
Yes, you can use Cash App without Plaid. The application has ways to bypass Plaid if you prefer to use it directly from your bank account. To add your bank details manually, you must link your debit card to Cash App, which is connected to your bank account.
Users of the app who use this method can withdraw cash directly from the ATM. If you wish to link your debit card, follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Banking” tab.
- Next, on “Linked accounts” or “Linked banks.”
- Click on “Link bank.”
- Choose the bank from your list.
- Go to “Add manually.”
- Complete the information and manually link your bank account by entering the routing number and bank account number.
Linking to Cash App an account without Plaid as an intermediary is a slower verification process because you will need two deposits to your Cash App account to prove the link works.
Can’t link your debit card to Cash App? Here are the problems
While linking Cash App to your bank debit card is valid and verifiable, sometimes it’s complicated, or the process is restricted. If you are having trouble connecting them, the problem may lie in any of the following alternatives:
- Incorrect card information: check that you have correctly filled in all your data, such as name, account number, card number, expiration date, and other data.
- Card not recognized: the application does not accept some cards, such as Paypal or commercial debit cards. However, MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover are allowed. If you have some of the latter, the error is due to another problem.
- Expired or deactivated card: Verify that your card is still valid or that you have no problems with your bank that have caused the card to be disabled.
- Different data: Check that the name on the card matches the cardholder registered in the application.
- Obsolete application: Although the application is updated frequently and automatically, it is necessary to be aware of the updates because it usually generates problems when configuring it with an obsolete platform.
- Down servers: It is not a regular alternative, but it may happen that you cannot link your data because the servers are down.