Legal problems can appear at any time, even in unexpected situations. Lawyers and specialists must be well advised in legal matters if a complaint is filed.
Many companies are dedicated to helping people who need legal assistance by providing them with a lawyer contacted online, thanks to the legal services offered for a certain monthly fee, which must be paid on time to avoid additional charges.
What is LegalShield?
LegalShield was founded in 1972, and since then, it has become one of the companies that provide legal assistance services to clients who pay for a membership for a monthly fee. The company is publicly traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange and offers legal advice to individuals, families, and businesses in the United States and Canada.
Long-time clients of LegalShield will be able to access various discounts to benefit from the services provided by the law firm, which handles the entire legal process, from the review and compilation of documents and reports to the defense in the event of a court trial.
What services does LegalShield offer?
LegalShield has about 40 law firms (more than 900 experts) within the 50 states and has 1.7 million clients who pay for a membership. The lawyers are characterized by their vast experience. The average years worked by professionals is 22 years in legal matters.
By paying for the monthly membership, clients have access to the following:
- Checking of contracts and documents necessary to initiate the process.
- General consultations on particular and public judicial matters.
- Defense in court trials.
- Telephone calls and contacts with the client’s name.
- Assistance in debt collection.
- Identity theft coverage.
Why use LegalShield?
Individuals in need of legal assistance can turn to LegalShield and pay for the legal services provided, such as:
- Legal aid at any time.
- Lawyers with more than 22 years of experience ensuring reliability and commitment.
- Preparation of vital documents, such as wills, last wills, estates, trusts, power of attorney, and probate.
- Professional help: Lawyers will be available for any contract signing since it is essential to have a professional present when drafting or signing a contract.
Advantages and disadvantages of LegalShield
Pros of LegalShield
- Assistance for businesses in collecting debts from customers.
- Trial defense services and preparation for a possible trial.
- Mobile app.
- Consistent, high-quality work.
- Home-based business add-on.
Cons of LegalShield
- Slow and difficult to use website.
- No refunds or trial membership.
- Customer service leaves to be desired.
- A monthly subscription limit (attorney time, pages, and documents to review).
How to cancel LegalShield by email
You have several different options if you wish to cancel your LegalShield subscription. A cancellation request needs to be sent to the company’s Customer Care Team, as this is the safest way to corroborate that you are the one who wants to cancel the service.
To cancel LegalShield by email, send your email with the explanation of the cancellation of the subscription, detailing your decision since customer retention will do its best to convince you to continue paying for their services.
LegalShield support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to send a letter to cancel the service, you must send it to LegalShield’s mailing address: 1 Pre-Paid Way. Zip Code: 74820. Ada, Oklahoma.
According to what it says on their website, it will not take more than 24 hours to reply to your email, although many users have stated that this is not the case and that it may take longer and some even claim to have not received a response.
How to cancel LegalShield by phone
You will need to gather all the documentation about your case to speak directly with a customer service representative, which would be a faster method than canceling by mail.
- Get your documents and membership details, including your account number and email address.
- Contact your support staff by calling (1) 844-714-8494.
- Stand firm and request cancellation of the service. Remember that workers will try to convince you otherwise, so you must give a solid justification.
- Check the status of your account the following billing month to verify that the cancellation has been successful.
Call during LegalShield’s business hours: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm (CDT).
Why unsubscribe from LegalShield?
In recent times, and more so with the arrival of the pandemic, LegalShield has begun to offer services through the mobile app and phone to facilitate operations without having physical contact. However, this has not been entirely beneficial for the company, leading customers to cancel their LegalShield membership.
Among the main reasons members cancel LegalShield is the nonconformity with the lawyers’ advice, as they do not meet expectations, so it does not make sense to pay for something that they are not satisfied with.
On the other hand, if the client no longer needs these services, they are not obligated to continue paying for that membership, either because the legal process has ended or because the subscriber simply no longer needs legal advice.
- “100% Satisfaction Guarantee Details – LegalShield.” LegalShield, https://www.legalshield.com/start-a-business/satisfaction-guarantee/.
- “How Do I Cancel My LegalShield – How Do I Cancel My.” How Do I Cancel My, 26 Oct. 2017, https://www.howdoicancelmy.com/legalshield/.
- “How to Cancel Your LegalShield Plan.” LegalShield, https://www.legalshield.com/legalshield-how-cancel-your-plan/.
- Robbins, Richard. “How to Cancel a LegalShield Account Membership – The Handbook of Prosperity, Success, and Happiness.” The Handbook of Prosperity, Success, and Happiness, 9 Sept. 2020, https://prosperopedia.com/how-to-cancel-a-legalshield-account-membership/.