Many times gym memberships don’t suit our needs or can be too expensive. In these cases, we ask ourselves how to cancel Blink Fitness membership to stop paying for a subscription we no longer want.
This membership is very easy to cancel and can be done in different ways, and cancellation may be subject to additional fees. The cancellation policy may vary depending on the membership chosen and the state.
Methods to cancel your Blink Fitness membership
There are several ways in which you can cancel our Blink Fitness membership, including:
If we have access to the online membership portal, we can cancel our membership by following these steps:
- Log in to our account.
- Select the Billing option near the top of the home page.
- Look for the Cancel Membership button and click on it.
- We will be guided through a series of questions we will have to answer, and then our cancellation will be completed.
- When we have requested cancellation, it is best to check several days later to ensure that the process has been completed correctly.
We can also cancel by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, we must indicate that we want to cancel our membership.
The email should include our full name, member ID number and contact information. In addition, we must request to be contacted once the cancellation is completed to know that the process has been carried out correctly.
We will also be able to perform the cancellation process from the mobile app, which is available for iOS or Android. To cancel the app, we must follow these steps:
- We log in to the app with our membership credentials.
- Look for the Membership tab in the app.
- Select Cancel membership, and follow the guided process to cancel.
- Once the cancellation is made, we must verify a few days later that it has been canceled correctly.
In-person or by phone
We can call our local Blink Fitness location or go directly to the location. In both cases, we will need to inform them that we intend to cancel our membership.
If we go in person, it will be best to present a letter with all of our contact information, and if it is over the phone, we will be asked by the representative. We will have to ask the representative to provide proof that the membership is cancelled, either electronically or in writing.
If we do not receive confirmation, we will have to contact you after a few days to simplify the process.
Can I cancel my membership without paying a fee?
Normally for the cancellation of our membership, a fee will apply, although there are some ways in which we can cancel without incurring any fee:
- In case we have had the membership for three days or less, we will be able to receive a full refund. For California residents, the period will be up to 5 days.
- If we committed to a 1-year membership and more than a year has passed, the full fee will not be due. It is provided a 45-day cancellation notice is provided.
- We will need to provide 45 days’ notice for monthly memberships to avoid charges.
- If we cannot physically exercise, the cancellation fee will not apply.
- We will also not have to pay the cancellation fee if we move more than 25 miles from the nearest Blink Fitness center.
What is the cancellation fee that Blink Fitness has?
Two types of fees may apply when we cancel our membership: the prorated fee and the full purchase fee. Regardless of our membership type, we will likely have to pay a prorated fee from when we send the notice.
If we had a fully paid-up membership or an annual membership, we would have to pay a total purchase fee which varies depending on the state. The fee will be $60 in most states, but in Pennsylvania and California, the fee will be $50.
However, cancellation fees are subject to change at the discretion of Blink Fitness, so it is always best to contact our local gym to confirm fees.
We must consider that there are refunds in certain situations which will be:
- If we cancel within the first three days or five in California, we will receive a full refund.
- If the membership is paid in full, we may receive a partial refund prorated for the remainder of the membership term. It is essential to provide notice.
- In case of a fully paid corporate membership, we will have to wait at least six months to request a refund.
In case of doubts, the best thing to do is to contact Blink Fitness directly to solve any situation. We can do it from their website in the Help section and then in Contact Us to leave our contact information.
We can also go directly to the facilities of one of the gyms or contact the customer service team at email@example.com, and there they will be able to solve all the doubts we may have regarding the service membership.