In the last decade, digital payment methods for food, clothing, beauty, gyms, or any commercial establishment, have increased for the satisfaction and convenience of its customers.
One of the biggest questions when paying for our purchase at any branch is whether they accept electronic payments, such as Apple Pay for Mac mobile device users. However, not all restaurants do. So, let’s see if does Zaxbys take Apple Pay.
What is Zaxby’s?
You’ve probably heard of Zaxby’s, as it is one of the largest fast-food restaurants in the country. This family-owned company was founded in 1990 and, to date, has more than 940 locations in the southern United States, mostly in Georgia, where its first location was established.
Zaxby’s is dedicated to selling comfort food, such as chicken wings, French fries, sandwiches, toast, salads, and other products that make its direct competition companies such as Chick-fil-A, Popeyes, Raising Cane’s, Bojangles, KFC, Whataburger, or Cook Out.
Among the factors of its commercial success, we can name not only its exquisite food but also the flexibility in the payment methods that allow more customers to buy at this fast food chain. That is why many users and diners are interested in knowing if does Zaxby’s have Apple Pay, among other payment methods.
In addition, with the notable surge of delivery services, Zaxby’s partnered with different food delivery companies. However, there is one thing holding it back from gaining more customers.
Does Zaxby’s accept Apple Pay?
Being an established and recognized company in the fast-food area, Zaxby’s has found the need to offer new payment methods, and what once could only be paid with cash can now be paid with credit cards, debit cards, and other digital systems, without the need to carry the most coveted plastic or paper in the world.
Despite offering different ways to pay for tasty orders, Zaxby’s does not accept all digital payment platforms, so many customers’ fast, pleasant, and comfortable ordering experiences could be affected.
If you go to a physical location and want to pay with Apple Pay, you will be unable to do so, as this payment method is only allowed through delivery platforms .
Zaxby’s does not accept Apple Pay in some physical stores, nor does it accept these electronic payments on its app and website. However, Zaxbys take Apple Pay for those who order through the delivery services with which the company partners, such as DoorDash, Grubhub, Uber Eats, or Postmates.
So, since Zaxby’s offers delivery of its products through fast delivery companies, it is possible to enter these platforms to place the order (for example, from DoorDash) and, from there, pay with Apple Pay. However, there are some stores that do accept this method of payment, but always remember to check to see if does Zaxbys have Apple Pay before placing your order, You don’t want to place an order and not have a way to pay for it later!
What other payment options does Zaxby’s offer?
As mentioned above, Zaxby’s has different payment methods, which have been implemented over time with the appearance of digital media. If you go to a Zaxby’s store, you can pay in cash or with cards from different banks (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover). Also, customers can pay with physical or electronic gift cards.
However, and after knowing whether do Zaxby’s take Apple Pay , you will not be able to pay with Apple Pay because Zaxby’s stores do not have POS systems or NFC terminals where electronic payments can be made.
Instead, if you order through a digital ordering platform, you can pay with your Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay, American Express, and Discover debit or credit card. Depending on your platform, you can pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and other similar payment methods.
Remember to ask at a Zaxby’s location if they accept the payment method of your choice since some branches offer other payment methods as a general policy.
How to use Apple Pay at Zaxby’s
To reiterate and clarify, according to Zaxby’s official website, you can pay for your order in their physical stores using credit and debit cards, as well as gift cards. Apple Pay, however, is only accepted as one of Zaxby’s payment options when ordering through Zaxby’s app.
If you want to check if you can pay for Zaxby’s with Apple Pay, you can download the store’s app from this link totally free and very easy to use. Just follow a few simple steps to register and pay for your meal with Zaxby’s Apple Pay.
- Install the Zaxby’s app from your iOS device (iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, etc.).
- Sign up for the app or log in with your account.
- Click on the “order now” button to find the nearest locations where you can order for delivery.
- Please enter your address or location and check that it is correct. You can give directions to the delivery person so that they can better locate you.
- Choose the place that is closest to your home.
- Then, please choose your favorite menu or what you want to order to add to the cart.
- Go to the cart and enter your payment information.
- Click on “Checkout Now”.
- Next, enter your Apple Pay information, and, in case you don’t have it, you will need to add this information from the main menu.
- You’re done! Your order is being processed, and the delivery will be knocking on your door in no time.
If you have finished placing your order, you will receive an email or a message to your cell phone confirming the order, and you can check if you want the delivery to take the order to your home or if you prefer to pick it up in person at the store.
Does Zaxby’s take Apple Pay at drive thru?
If you’re curious about whether “Does Zaxby’s drive thru take Apple Pay?”, the answer is yes, albeit with certain limitations. If you plan to use Zaxby’s app to pay when ordering at the drive-thru, note that, as stated on their website, the app currently does not support a “scan to pay” feature. However, there is an alternative method for ordering at the drive-thru:
- Open the Zaxby’s app on your smartphone.
- Proceed to place your order through the app.
- You’ll be prompted to input your payment information before finalizing your order.
- Choose the appropriate Zaxby’s payment method, such as a credit/debit card, Zaxbys Apple Pay, or a gift card.
- Complete the checkout process by confirming your order.
- Upon arriving at the Zaxby’s location, either at the drive-thru window or the register, you must scan your app’s QR code.
- The QR code can be located under the “Rewardz” tab in the app. Click on “SCAN TO EARN” in the top right corner.
- Proceed to scan your phone’s QR code at the restaurant.
IMPORTANT: Points will be accrued and added to your account within 24 hours.
Does Zaxby’s take Google Pay?
No. Zaxby’s does not accept Google Pay as a payment option, but you can use other payment methods that were mentioned before.
Does Zaxby’s take American Express?
Yes. American Express is a credit card, so it is accepted for orders placed through Zaxby’s app.
Does Zaxby’s take tap to pay?
No. Zaxby’s app does not currently support the “tap to pay” feature, which allows users to pay for their orders by simply tapping their phone on a payment terminal. However, the app does have a feature that allows users to scan a QR code at the self-service window or sign up to earn points and earn rewards, as we explained in the drive-thru section.
- “Does Zaxby’s Take Apple Pay?” BasinReboot, 5 Oct. 2022, https://basinreboot.com/does-zaxbys-take-apple-pay/.
- “FAQs – How We Can Help? | Zaxby’s.” Absolutely Craveable Chicken, Zalads & Zappetizers | Zaxby’s, https://www.zaxbys.com/faq.
- “What Restaurants Take Apple Pay? (And How to Use It).” Shopfood.Com, 27 Aug. 2021, https://www.shopfood.com/restaurants/restaurants-that-take-apple-pay.