Google is the most used search engine worldwide, and technical students always remain motivated to get an internship in Google to improve their technical skills. The excellent news about google internship is that it offers to candidates globally. So, everyone should apply for google to polish their skills and get market exposure.
Google offers paid internship opportunities to technical students worldwide with a strong focus on programming. The stipend amount varies every year and falls somewhere closer to $3000. The internship is three months long, and you also get a certificate at the end to add to your CV.
Keep reading the article, and we will tell you the eligibility criteria for the google internships. Besides, we will also show you the working of google internship programs and their application procedure. We will also discuss the tips to write the best application for a program in the end.
Why do students love Google Internships?
Many students are attracted to the google internship program because it introduces students to open-source software development. The internee gets a mentor from participating organizations, gaining exposure to real-world software development and techniques.
Besides, students also get an excellent stipend that further makes their summer break productive. Despite all the above benefits, students also receive a certificate from google to represent in their CV.
Google Internship Summary
- Availability: Worldwide
- Status: Paid ($1500 – $4000)
- Focus: Programming
Eligibility criteria for Google Summer Internship
Let us see the eligibility criteria for google internship programs now:
- You can apply if you are a student of any nationality or any part of the world.
- Must be 18 years in age or more.
- Must be enrolled in any accredited college or university globally.
- You must be enrolled in Bachelors’s, Masters or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, or any other related field.
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the internship time.
- The United States must not embargo your country.
➡LEARN MORE: The Microsoft Internship Program
How to apply for Google Summer Internship?
You should follow the steps below to apply for the Google Internship program:
- First, you should create an account on Google Summer of Code (GSoC).
- After that, you should submit an online application before the given deadline.
- In the end, you should make a detailed proposal for a project and present it to google.
Tips to make your Internship Application strong
Google always has a limited seat as compared to the number of candidates applying for the training. Therefore, it is always challenging for students to get selected for google internship programs. This section will share a few tips that will make your application strong and increase your chances of hiring.
- As we have already discussed, google internee works on open-source projects. Therefore, you should always contribute to open source projects before applying for the internship and even after applying. It will show your interest in google in the internship.
- Your proposal must be unique and attractive. So, instead of writing about yourself, you should focus on what you are planning to do and how you will reach your goal. Discuss your plans in detail. It will significantly improve your application status.
- You should show your project proposal to mentors and experts and try to improve it as much as possible before submitting it to google.
Google’s summer internship program is very robust and provides vast exposure in software development along with a reasonable stipend amount. You can go above and check the benefits, eligibility criteria, and tips to improve your internship application now!
The essential springboard into the job market for school leavers, students and graduates. The AllAboutGroup have worked across more than 1000 campaigns with HR teams from over 250 firms over the last decade as their partners to help them solve problems across all parts of the recruitment process.