There is nothing to fear about fraternity rush interview questions. The questions asked during the interviews are general, at times even funny.
The purpose of the interview is to know potential new members as individuals and check if they can fit into the fraternity’s culture and how they will add value to the fraternity.
Questions to ask in a fraternity interview
Here are a few questions that a fraternity may ask during the interview process and the best answer that you can give them:
• Tell us about yourself
A fundamental interview question that you can answer very easily. Share aspects about your personality, your education and what makes you stand out.
• Why did you choose our fraternity?
While answering this question, tell the interviewer what makes you so interested in joining this fraternity and how the fraternity will contribute to your growth and, in turn, how you can give back to the fraternity.
• Will you be able to take time out for the fraternity?
When you join a fraternity, you will be required to take time out for fraternity activities, events and meetings. The interviewer intends to know whether you will be able to manage your time between college and fraternity.
• Why did you choose this university?
Answer this question by telling them how this university will help you reach your goal and why it was your top choice.
• What is your favorite sport?
Tell the interviewer about your favorite sport or sports and why you love playing them.
• Were you a part of clubs during high school?
If you were part of any clubs during your high school days, then tell them about that and how these clubs have contributed to your growth and the contributions you made to the clubs.
• What do you do for fun?
Share how you love to spend your time and what your hobbies are.
You would be asked some similar questions during the fraternity interview. They only ask general questions and nothing specific. Just give some intelligent and witty answers, and you have no issues making it through.
What are some funny questions to ask fraternity brothers?
The funny frat interview questions are a great way to allow potential brothers to express themselves. In addition, the funny questions act as an ice-breaker. Some of the questions you can ask your fraternity brothers are:
- Who would you let you punch directly in your face?
- How intolerable do you find the baby pictures on Facebook?
- The maximum number of days when you have gone without a shower?
- Have you ever tried to fit your whole fist in your mouth?
- How many bottles of wine have you finished without even pouring any wine into a glass?
- How many people do you fall in love with every day?
- How you react when a baby stares at you? Like, stare at you with their dumb babyface. What would you do in such a situation?
- When you are at a buffet, how many trays of food you start with?
- How many people did you break friendship with because you refused to play Monopoly mercifully?
- Do you think cats dream and what they dream about?
- The weirdest thing you ever ate in your life?
- What was your reaction when you realized Santa Claus does not exist?
- Have you ever hurt yourself trying to dance in a shower?
- Weirdest thing you have ever done?
- Did you ever wear two different shoes or socks to a party or anywhere else?
- What is the most naughty/lousy thing you did in your life?
- What would you do in case you can become invisible for a day?
- If we ask you to replay a fun moment of your life, what would you choose?
What questions to ask during fraternity rush?
Some of the general questions you might ask during fraternity rush that can prompt a conversation or expand a conversation to know potential new members better are:
- Which place do you belong to? Where is your hometown?
- Have you selected your major?
- Why did you choose this university?
- Are you enjoying the recruitment/rush process?
- Have you met your roommates? How are you enjoying yourself with them?
- Are you familiar with fraternity life?
- What are you looking for in the fraternity?
- Is any of your family members a part of the Greek fraternity?
- What are your hobbies? How do you spend your free time?
- Do you see yourself fitting in this fraternity?
- Why are you going through recruitment?
These are some of the open-ended questions to ask during a frat rush interview to start a conversation. Asking these questions will help you know more about the potential new member.