Night jobs are an excellent option for those who study during the day and need a job to generate income simply because this job is perfect for those who prefer to work at night.
There are many doubts about night jobs, as most companies do not ask for this type of employment. However, if you are looking for an overnight job near me, you will discover several opportunities and positions you can apply for.
How to apply for the best companies in overnight jobs?
Among the most important companies that require overnight staff we can mention the following:
Sprouts Farmer Market
This famous grocery store is permanently looking for people to fill overnight stocker jobs, who will be in charge of arranging groceries of all kinds on their corresponding shelves, restocking when products are missing, receiving deliveries of products, and changing the merchandise for newer products, among other tasks.
You can apply for positions as a Sprouts Farmers Market overnight stocker closest to your location. You can even earn extra money for hours worked.
- Enter the Sprouts Farmers Market job portal.
- Type “overnight” in the “search keyword” field.
- Please enter your location in the box next to it.
- You can refine your search for an overnight career near me by using the distance filter in km or miles (exact, 5, 10, 25, or 50).
You can use other filters to speed up your search.
There are several overnight Jobs Coca-Cola that you can find on the official website of the most recognized soft drink company.
- Log in to The Coca-Cola Company’s employment page.
- Type “overnight” in “Enter the search term”.
- Enter your location.
- Select the mile radius.
- Click on the magnifying glass to find overnight jobs nearby.
(You can also search for more jobs on Coca-Cola’s LinkedIn).
Enter the Home Depot overnight jobs website and search for your ideal job according to your skills and needs, whether it is a full-time or part-time overnight job.
- Enter the Home Depot career webpage.
- Type “overnight” in the space for the keyword.
- Enter your location.
- You can use the filters to find overnight jobs more precisely (Job Type and Category).
- Finally, click on the magnifying glass and discover all the job offers.
(For more information, go to the Home Depot LinkedIn)
What is an overnight job?
Overnight jobs are those jobs that are performed at hours around midnight. This type of job is also known as “night shift” or “third shift,” as it is the last shift of the day (or the first shift).
The first shift, which is in the morning, and the second, in the afternoon, are the most sought-after; therefore, there is less demand for jobs. However, it is more likely to find a job in the early morning (night hours).
Requirements for working at night without experience
There are no specific requirements for people who do not have experience working at night or in their position. It all depends on the company where the person works.
It applies to all applicants, who will have a better chance of getting the job if they have obtained a bachelor’s degree or degree in the industry sector. Some of the employers’ requirements, in general, are to have completed high school for those without experience.
You should get at least 30 minutes of sleep before leaving for your job and starting your shift, as you must be wide awake and attentive to what may happen on the job. On the other hand, you will need to have the ability to manage your time so that night work does not become unbearable and is as pleasant as possible.
Types of overnight jobs
There are different types of overnight jobs. On the one hand, there are face-to-face (traditional) jobs, but you can also look for overnight work from home (also known as overnight remote jobs) and work from the comfort of your own home, something that has increased significantly with the pandemic.
It does not mean you can relax because you are in your comfort zone since you must be attentive to your work throughout your shift and respect the working hours, just as if you were in an office. You can also opt for overnight part-time jobs, which can be either in an office or work-from-home overnight jobs.
Overnight Jobs Salary 2023
The salary for Overnight Jobs depends exclusively on the company and the job position. However, we can develop an average yearly wage for Overnight stockers.
According to ZipRecruiter, an overnight stocker’s annual salary in 2023 is $32,051 ($15.41 per hour). This website reports that the yearly salary of overnight Jobs in 2023 ranges from $18,000 to $34,500 (about $13.49 an hour). This wide range is because this is an average for any work performed during overnight hours.
Do overnight jobs pay more?
The extra pay for overnight jobs depends on an agreement between the employer and the employee. In fact, under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), this is not mandatory for any company.
At what time does Overnight start?
Overnight working hours are generally from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., although they can also be from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. or from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. Night hours depend entirely on the particular company.
Are overnight jobs unhealthy?
According to health experts, working at night is unhealthy because the body is forced to work at hours when it is supposed to be resting. That can lead to sleep disturbances, lack of vitamin D, increased risk of depression, different types of cancers, changes in metabolism, obesity, or even diabetes.
However, if you are mentally ready and believe you can do it, you can start looking for overnight jobs hiring that suit your needs.
- Bruce, Robert. “Prefer Nighttime Work? Here Are 14 Jobs for Night Owls.” The Penny Hoarder, The Penny Hoarder, 22 Dec. 2022, https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/career/night-shift-jobs-for-night-owls/.
- Phillpott, Siôn. “Working Night Shifts: Pros and Cons.” CareerAddict | Kickstart and Advance Your Career, CareerAddict, 14 Dec. 2022, https://www.careeraddict.com/10-advantages-and-disadvantages-in-working-night-shifts.
- Sling Team. “10 Effects of Working Night Shifts (and How To Combat Them) – Sling.” Sling, 14 July 2022, https://getsling.com/blog/effects-of-working-night-shifts/#:~:text=Working%20the%20night%20shift%20forces,stay%20awake%20during%20the%20night.