The dental industry is one of the industries that has the best salaries and annual incomes. However, those who dedicate themselves to this profession must also invest a lot of money. Braces are expensive, but you will surely get good earnings with a good job.
If you are looking for a dental assistant job near you, in the following sections, you will find information about the best companies and places hiring in your city. Is it a promising career? What is the average salary, among other things related.
How to apply for a dental assistant job near me?
Typically, the simplest way to find a job in any area is through the most popular job search platforms. Among them, we have Indeed. To give you a concise idea of how to apply for a dental assistant job near me, follow these instructions:
- Log on to www.indeed.com.
- In the “What” field, enter “Dental Assistant” and in “Where,” the city where you are looking for the job.
- Then click on “Search.”
- Note that if you prefer, you can specify the search to match your interests better. For example, if you are looking for a job that offers a particular salary, indicate it in the box provided.
- You will then see the results Indeed shows you based on the information provided.
- If interested in any offers, click the “Apply on company site” button. You will be redirected to the company’s website to continue the process there.
The exciting and safe thing about searching for a dental assistant near me job on Indeed is that you can mark your preference, whether you’re looking for a full-time, part-time, or entry-level position, the level of education required, etc. Plus, it’s one of the most popular job search platforms worldwide.
Find your next dental assistant job on Glassdoor
Like Indeed, Glassdoor is another popular website that provides multiple opportunities for those looking for a job. Here’s how it works:
- Log on to www.glassdoor.com.
- The system will ask you to log in with your Google, Facebook, or email account. Select the one you prefer or have previously registered on this platform.
- If this is the first time you log in, you must indicate whether you are a student, unemployed, or already have a job.
- If you select the latter option, then in the first field, enter “Dental Assistant” and then the location, i.e., the city where you are interested in working.
- Then click on “Continue.”
- The platform will ask you for additional information to refine the search results and find a dental assistant job near me that is right for you.
- Next, fill in the salary you had in your previous job and your experience (by years).
- Continue in this manner until you have completed the information. Now you can start looking for your next job as a dental assistant.
- Enter the company, job type, and ubication at the top of the screen and click on the magnifying glass.
Select the job you are interested in and click on the “Easy Apply” button to apply. You can shop around by checking the salary. The interesting thing about Glassdoor is that it shows you your location’s average wage (per hour).
Other sites where to find dental assistant Jobs hiring near me
A specialized website for dental assistant job search is Dental Post. It works both for people who are on the hunt for a job in dentistry and for employers. All you have to do is indicate the type of job, and then a list of results will appear. On the following page.
Dental Post has made a report to show the salary, benefits, bonuses, etc., of different jobs in the dental field. However, to access this information, you must register (it’s free). You can create an account and generate alerts based on certain specifications for your convenience.
In case you are not sure what career path begins, but you are sure that your place is in the health field, you can also try to find an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) job near me or a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) job near me.
Best-paid dental assistant Jobs
Dental assistants are a vital part of a dentist’s job. For example, they assist them during lengthy procedures such as tooth extraction and root canal treatment, among others. As with any other position, because their duties and responsibilities vary, so does their pay.
So here are the 5 best-paid dental assistant jobs near you:
This is one of the highest salaries in the dental assistant category. It ranges from $130,500 to $194,000 (per year). It is a job requiring a lot of experience, skills, and knowledge. Interestingly, according to ZipRecruiter, Dental Associate is one of the busiest jobs in the industry, meaning that many dental practices are hiring.
Orthodontist Assistant’s salaries range from $33,500 to $49,000 per year. It is a profession in which you must pay special attention to treating a patient to correct dental problems. Some tasks require taking x-rays, checking braces or retainers, preparing the orthodontist’s work tools, etc. You also need to keep track of the specialist’s schedule, so that you may need communication skills.
Your task will be to assist the dentist in routine check-ups and surgical procedures related to the gums, oral tissue, etc. They earn an average salary of $35,500 to $51,500 per year. Therefore, a Periodontal Assistant must know how to handle tools used for dental procedures.
You also convey information to the patient, such as explaining the risks and any other information necessary to understand the procedure. Like the other dental assistant jobs mentioned above, you must answer calls, fill out medical charts, and schedule appointments.
Certified Dental Assistant
They earn an average salary of $34,500 to $45,000 per year. A certified dental assistant has many duties, from administrative to some requiring patient preparation, oral care education, and more.
Depending on the state, a certified dental assistant may perform x-rays, while in other states, they are only authorized to process the results. They may also assist the dentist while examining the patient, keeping records, and answering questions and concerns that patients or family members may have.
A dental specialist’s salary ranges from $33,000 to $49,000 annually. They may specialize in various areas of dentistry and orthodontics. Suppose a dental specialist learns and gets all the possible experience. In that case, they might become an oral or maxillofacial surgeon, a periodontist, and a specialist in gums and diseases such as gingivitis.
What is the average salary for a dental assistant in the U.S.?
According to salary, a dental assistant earns, on average, around $45,164 per year in the United States. The compensation will increase depending on the level of education and professional experience they have acquired. It is also normal for the salary to vary according to location.
For example, a dental assistant will probably make more money as such in New York, compared if the position is taken place in a small county in another city.
Is it worth it to work as a dental assistant?
If you are interested in finding a job near you as a dental assistant, the reality is that, like any other job in dentistry, you will get a good salary. In addition, most jobs in the field can lead you in a better direction until you get a better position.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is expected to be 8% growth between 2021 and 2031, so those are promising results if you’re in doubt. If you are starting and want to look for an entry-level dental assistant job near you, the experience will serve your future. This career path will open up opportunities for you as an orthodontist.
Generally, those who undergo dental treatment have many doubts and fears. So you must be prepared to explain appropriately, avoiding generating more anxiety than they may already have. There fore it is a job that requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Risks of working as a dental assistant
Although it is a well-paid job in terms of salary, there are also some health risks. Because dental assistant is in constant contact with the mouth, one of the most contagious parts of the human being, they are at risk of contracting diseases.
Usually, dental assistants wear masks, goggles, and protective gloves. For this reason, patients are asked to indicate if they have any easily contagious disease, such as Covid-19. However, patients often do not disclose this information out of fear, and here lies a significant risk.
- Salary.com, S.built by: (no date) Dental assistant salary, Salary.com. Available at: https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/dental-assistant-salary.
- Dental assistants : Occupational Outlook Handbook (2022) U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Available at: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-assistants.htm#tab-6.
- The 9 highest paying dental assistant jobs in 2024 (no date) ZipRecruiter. Available at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/g/Highest-Paying-Dental-Assistant-Jobs.