TransUnion is one of the largest credit- reporting firms in the United States. Along with Equifax and Experian, it is one of three that provide such services to individuals and institutions. Each of these companies has an alternative credit review based on your FICO score. A MasterCard application can have one, two, or all three reviews.
Knowing which creditors use TransUnion data can put you in a better financial position. If you are someone whose FICO review comes from this company, you can apply for a MasterCard that only uses TransUnion for company endorsements, to give an example.
You’re probably wondering, “Which credit cards only use TransUnion?” The first thing you should know is that no card “only” uses TransUnion; here, we will explain further below.
No issuer is solely TransUnion
Issuers may choose a credit bureau based on the conditions at the time. This can vary by any context: the geographic location or the specific product. There is no way to know which credit bureau the issuer will contact at any particular time. You can go through one, two, or all three responsible credit bureaus in the United States.
It is important to note that no issuer pulls information from a single credit bureau to certify an individual’s credit history. When it comes to “checking” credit histories, each company is more expert than the other in one area; for example, if you want to evaluate educational credit scores you get from websites or applications, the specialist in this is TransUnion.
If we bring the above example into practice, when an issuer wants to review an individual’s data, he will want to know his credit scores. He may also try to understand other aspects, and there, Equifax or Experian may be the experts. Given this brief explanation, we assume that no issuer is exclusively TransUnion.
Issuers that take TransUnion as a benchmark
We make it clear that no issuer works exclusively with one company. But, these issuers may also prefer data from a credit bureau. Certain issuers often use TransUnion’s information as a more reliable source in the process.
We made a list of different banks that most frequently use TransUnion data based on this idea.
Chase is one of the largest and most important banks in the world. With more than 4600 locations in the United States, it has more than 12 credit cards available so that its customers have a wide variety to choose from.
Chase credit cards that rely on TransUnion data are:
Chase Freedom Unlimited
One of the most important advantages of this credit card is the 1.5% rebate on everything you spend during the first year up to the amount of $20,000.
Thanks to the main rewards program called Chase Unlimited Rewards, customers can get a 6.5% reimbursement for travel purchases through this modality. It allows you to redeem rewards as cash back, gift cards, and more. You can also earn 4.5% cashback on pharmacy payments, restaurant dining, and food delivery orders.
Once you complete the first year or have spent the $20,000 cap, you can save 5% on travel purchased through Chase Unlimited and $3 on drugstore purchases, restaurant dining, and food delivery. There is no annual fee with this card.
Chase Freedom Flex
- If you open an account and spend more than $500 in the first three months, you receive a $200 reward.
- You receive 5% cashback when you spend over $1,500 by combining purchases in the bonus categories every three months.
- When you purchase travel from the Chase Unlimited Rewards program, you can save 5% of the total payment. This cashback can be redeemable for cash, gift cards, more travel, or more.
- You get 3% cashback on pharmacy payments, restaurant dining, and food delivery purchases.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
With this credit card, you have access to the following benefits:
- You get 80,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first three months after opening an account. You can redeem points for $1,000 to use for travel through the Chase Unlimited Rewards program.
- This card offers you the following benefits with the Chase Unlimited Rewards program:
- $50 annual hotel credit
- 5% savings on travel, purchased through the program.
- 2% on all purchases and travel
- When you earn Chase Unlimited Rewards points, you can get 25% cashback on airfare, car rentals, cruises, and hotel payments.
With over 750 locations nationwide, Capital One is one of the youngest banks to take the lead in today’s market. The credit cards that use TransUnion information from this entity are
- Get a bonus of 60,000 miles equivalent to $600 redeemable on travel when you spend your first $3,000 on purchases after opening the account.
- Receive a bonus of up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- With Capital One Travel, you can get better rates for hotel or car rental payments
- Earn miles and redeem them for any purchase on a trip when you book with Capital One Travel.
Quicksilver Cash Rewards
- No annual fee and 0% on foreign transactions
- Receive a 1.5% rebate on all daily purchases
- In the first three months after opening the account, spend more than $500 to get a $200 cash bonus
- 0 annual fees and 0% on foreign transactions
- 1.25 unlimited miles on every daily purchase
- Spend the first $500 within three months of opening the account, and you can receive 20,000 miles, which is equivalent to $200, to use for travel
A great alternative for individuals and businesses that want extensive credit card benefits:
Frontier Airlines World MasterCard
- Earn 50,000 miles after spending $500 in your first three months after opening the account.
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months
- Earn $100 off airfare each year on your card when you spend $2,500 or more annually
- Has an annual fee of $89
- Members enjoy priority boarding in Zone 2
- Spend $1,000 in the first three months to earn 10,000 bonus points
- $0 annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- 0% APR for the first 12 months
- Save 50% on cocktail and food purchases
- Earn 3X on select JetBlue purchases at restaurants and grocery stores and 1X on all other purchases
JetBlue Business Card
- In the first three months of your account, you can earn 70,000 points if you spend more than $1,000 on purchases.
- Get 50% off food and cocktails on JetBlue-operated flights.
- Enjoy a $100 annual bonus after purchasing a JetBlue Vacations package with your card
- You can bring one free bag for you and three companions when you book a flight with the card