Walgreens is a popular drugstore chain in the United States; it offers a variety of wellness and health services, including flu shots and general vaccinations and medications.
It also has urgent care centers, hearing tests, and eye exams.
Insurance accepted by Walgreens
So far, Walgreens accepts different insurance companies to enjoy their services or purchase your medicines; among the options are:
- Advantra (HMO and Medicare Advantage PPO of Coventry).
- Aetna, Inc. (HMO, PPO, POS, and Workers’ Compensation)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Blue Access, Blue Access Choice, Blue Preferred Regular/Traditional, Blue Card Plans out-of-state, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO, Pathway)
- CCO, Inc. (PPO)
- Red ChoiceCare (Subsidiary of Humana) (PPO)
- CIGNA Health Plan of St. Louis (HMO, PPO, OAP and Flex)
- CompResults (PPO) (workers’ compensation only)
- CorVel Corporation (PPO) (workers’ compensation only)
- Coventry CareLink HPN (Marketplace product)
- Coventry Health Plan of Missouri (HMO, POS, PPO, ASO)
- Coventry National (PPO)
- Coventry Total Care (narrow Medicare Advantage network)
- Evolutions Health System (PPO)
- ExclusiveChoice (SSM Health St. Louis Employee Benefits Program)
- Primera Salud (PPO)
- Galaxy Health Network (PPO)
- Golden Advantage (HMO Coventry Medicare Advantage)
- Great-West (PPO, HMO, and OAP)
- Harmony Health Plan of IL (Medicaid HMO)
- HealthLink, Inc. (HMO, PPO, open access, workers’ compensation)
- Health Management Network (PPO)
- Home State Health Plan (Medicaid HMO)
- Humana Choice Care (PPO)
- Humana Choice PPO (Medicare Advantage PPO)
- Illinois Meridian (Medicaid HMO)
- Illinois Molina (Medicaid HMO)
- MultiPlan (PPO)
- National Preferred Provider Network (PPO)
- Phelps County Memorial Hospital (Phelps County Employee Benefit Plan)
- Private Health Care System (also known as PHCS) (PPO)
- Three Rivers Provider Network (PPO)
- TriCare/CHAMPUS (Federal HealthNet Services) (Military Program)
- United HealthCare of the Midwest Commercial (HMO, POS, PPO Options)
- United HealthCare Medicare Advantage (AARP Medicare Complete, Care Improvement Plus, Medicare Solutions)
- United States Managed Care Organization (PPO)
- WellCare (Medicare Advantage HMO)
They also have a list of out-of-network insurances. However, before using them, you should contact your insurance provider and find out the details of their available coverage.
- Cigna Connect Network
- Coventry HPN Focused Care
- Essence (Medicare Advantage)
- Harmony of Illinois (Walgreens is out-of-network for Missouri locations only)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS (Medicare Advantage)
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare Advantage)
- Meridian of Illinois (Walgreens is out-of-network for Missouri locations only)
- Missouri Care (Medicaid HMO)
- Molina of Illinois (Walgreens is out-of-network for Missouri locations only)
- United Healthcare: all Compass products
How to pay with insurance at Walgreens?
You have two options to make your insurance payments; you can either pay for the service or medication and then ask your insurance company for reimbursement or purchase the medicines at a better price using the insurance plan directly.
When requesting reimbursement after purchase is available, it is important to remember that you will receive only the percentage that the insurance company agrees to pay you. We will not reimburse you for the full price of the drug, so you should be aware of your coverage before making the purchase.
On the other hand, if you pay for the drug with the discount agreed upon with the insurance company, it is as if you were making a traditional cash payment with a discount. You do not require any further membership or claims.
To make the process as fast as possible, we recommend you sign up on the pharmacy’s website and become part of their program, which will avoid all the extra paperwork when you need to purchase your medications.
Walgreens Pharmacy Account Creation Process
To make your payment with insurance faster and more effective, you should create your account on the pharmacy’s website. When you log in to the Walgreens online site, you will see the new option at Walgreens.com Sign In or Register.
When you press the “register” button, you will be redirected to a new page with a form; you need to put all the personal information requested, check that all the data is correct and submit the information.
It is time to review the privacy policies of the page and accept them; will create the account, and it is time to go to the option “refill prescriptions” an identity verification will appear, and when you validate it, you can start to load your prescriptions and order your medications online.
Thanks to the insurance, you will get good discounts on your medicines, but we recommend you join the online program to speed up obtaining the medication.
If you have any problems with your profile, you will find Walgreens’ contact number and email to contact them. Finally, it is an excellent alternative to access affordable health services and medication .