LensCrafters is an internationally recognized retailer of vision care, making prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses. They are headquartered in Mason, Ohio, but have expanded into many countries.
They have at least 1100 stores worldwide dedicated to eyewear, making them the largest retailer in the industry. At least 1050 stores are divided between North America, China, India and Hong Kong.
Do LensCrafters take VSP? What other insurances do they accept?
Although VSP has a strong insurance network of over 5,000 doctors in California alone, their services are not accepted by LensCrafters. The company accepts several insurance plans, including larger ones, such as Blue View Vision, Aetna, and EyeMed.
The list of accepted plans is extensive and is divided between online and in-store, in-store only and offline.
Insurance accepted online and in-store
- Health Now of New York
- Allways Health
- Care Home town
- Health Ameritas Humana BCSBEST
- Life and Health Insurance
- Company Blue Cross Blue Shield
- of Kansas CityBlue Cross Blue
- Shield of Massachusetts Blue
- Cross Blue Shield of North
- Carolina Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode IslandBlue Cross Blue Shield
- of Rhode IslandBlue Cross Blue
- Shield of South CarolinaBlue
- Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- TennesseeBlue Shield
- CaliforniaBlue View
- Vision Care Source Companion
- Life Connecticare Delta Dental
- ArizonaDelta Dental IllinoisDelta
- Dental IowaDelta Dental
- MinnesotaDelta Dental Puerto Rico
- Delta Dental Wisconsin Dental
- Select Emblem Envolve Vision
- (Health Net) EyeMed GVS
- (group vision service)EyeMed Plus
- Provider Government Employees
- Health PlanFallon Community
- Health Plan Geha Health Now of New York Hometown
- Health Humana Independent Health
- association Health
- Plans Louisana DGB (Starmount)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Mutual of Omaha
- Nippon Life Benefits Northeast Delta
Insurance accepted in-store only
- Emblem Health FEDVIP FEP Blue Vision (through Davis Vision)
- HMSA MCS
- Puerto Rico MES MMM
- Puerto Rico NBN (Northwest Administrators)
- Premera Blue Cross Superior Vision Triple S
- Puerto Rico UPMC NVA Blue Cross
- Blue Shield Community EyeCareCulinary Union
Vision Care Accepted at LensCrafters
Depending on the insurance provider you choose, you will have access to different vision care services. In most plans, you will have eye exams, eyeglass lenses, eyeglass frames, eyeglass protectors and contact lenses.
LensCrafters has designed three simple steps to determine what your vision insurance will cover. First, you should check your coverage and the benefits offered by the insurance. Then, you should review the catalogue with the available products and the prices of each one. The last step is to process the payment; here, it is indicated whether the insurance has benefits for the chosen services or not.
Insurance claim process at LensCrafters
Again, the type of vision insurance you have will indicate how the process for claiming services works. If your insurance is accepted online and in-store, you will not need to submit the claim form because the system will do it automatically.
On the other hand, if you have insurance that is only accepted in-store or offline, you need to call 1 – 877 – 753 – 6727 to speak to a store agent and find out what options are available. For either option, you will require a physician’s order and all insurance and policy information for LensCrafters to evaluate if it applies to your services.
The company will verify the products and services you require and indicate if you need to make an extra payment; the cost will be applied according to the insurance premium used. If you have a high premium, the price to pay will always be low or null. It would be convenient to ask before you started using LensCrafters services.