Amazon is one of the most important multinationals in the world. It is recognized as one of the most in-demand e-commerce companies, and the Amazon health insurance is offered to its workers from the moment they are hired.
The advantages of this health service are quite extensive, and its package could help you and every affiliated member of your family inside or outside the corporation. Today, we will tell you the great benefits of Amazon employee health insurance premiums.
But what is Amazon?
Before learning about the plans included in the Amazon insurance policy, it is important to know more about this company. It is an American multinational whose headquarters are located in the city of Seattle. Jeff Bezos is responsible for everything we know about it.
For a long time, Amazon.com, INC. has been successfully dedicated to e-commerce. It has also developed cloud computing, digital transmission and artificial intelligence.
Currently, they employ 750,000 people worldwide, whose function is the effective management and operation of this business, one of the largest, most powerful and influential on an international scale.
Amazon Health Insurance Benefits: Plans and Description
Amazon’s health benefits are aimed at Class F workers who work 40 hours per week, Case R between 30 and 39 hours per week and Class H who work between 20 and 29 hours per week.
But employees in the following states are excluded: Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina, Connecticut, Utah, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The plans currently available to this large company are:
- 401 K Plan: One of the best proposals made by Amazon and with which they contribute significantly to each of their employees.
- Health insurance: Amazon has different plans to meet each of the workers’ needs.
- Health savings: The multinational is contractually obliged to pay for specialized medical care in the savings account of each of its workers.
- Life insurance: This is an indispensable plan for both the company and the workers. In the event of the death of any employee, Amazon offers paid assistance to their family members or survivors.
- Accidental death or dismemberment insurance: Is one of the best plans. Through it, Amazon reimburses the family members of an employee who has died due to an accident or has suffered a dismemberment.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance: It is put into operation in case of medical problems that affects any of the employees of the multinational.
What you should know about Amazon’s health and care plans.
Here is what you should know about the health insurance plans of this multinational company dedicated to e-commerce.
1. Medical assistance plan
This is a complete proposal that includes full coverage for prescription drugs, mental health, hospitalization and emergency, laboratory tests and X-rays.
Amazon’s medical plans have no restrictions or exclusions. But the best part is that each one covers everything related to disease prevention or any other incident.
2. Dental Insurance
The basic plan guarantees a total coverage per year of $1,500. The policy has a monthly cost of $50 per worker and $150 per family. It includes preventive services such as cleaning and x-rays and basic services such as extractions and fillings.
But the enhanced dental plan has an annual coverage of $2,000. It offers preventive services such as cleaning and x-rays, basic services such as extractions and fillings, and major restorations such as crowns and dentures, which guarantees only 50% coverage.
3. Vision Plan
The basic plan assures 100% coverage for eye examinations. The checkup will be performed by professionals belonging to your network and is available once a year. It also covers the fitting of eyeglasses in their entirety.
While the enhanced plan includes the same benefits as the basic service, it includes frames and contact lenses twice a year for up to $130.
4. Disability Insurance
Any employee working up to 30 hours per week is entitled to long-term or short-term disability insurance from Amazon. In the event of a disability, the company offers the affected employee up to 60% of their salary for a fixed period.
Short-term pregnancy disability comes under this heading. It mainly benefits biological mothers, who will receive up to 100% of the salary. The assistance will be given four weeks before birth and ten weeks after having the baby is born.
5. Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan
This type of insurance has a series of features that make it one of the company’s most attractive. These are:
- The multinational company gives the affiliated workers double their annual salary to cover basic life insurance. The employees will not have to pay a single dollar.
- It offers the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance. In the event of death, the beneficiaries chosen will receive the respective indemnity. Coverage is $2,000,000 per year.
- If you want to cover your spouse with this type of insurance, Amazon allows you to purchase this policy.
- You can also opt for life insurance to protect your children. The coverage will be up to $20,000.
6. Personal accidents and serious illnesses
You can also access effective insurance for serious illnesses and personal accidents. But before contracting it through Amazon, you should know the following aspects:
- Personal accident insurance: This type of insurance covers burns, dislocations and any visit to the emergency room.
- Critical illness insurance: This is a supplement to the basic health plan. It covers heart attacks, stroke and cancer.