Dashers have in Doordahs different variables to set up collections. Let’s learn more about the payment systems in Doordash, including how you get paid,
According to the platform, they have created a fair and transparent earnings system based on each delivery. Let’s first review how a Dasher’s salary is made.
What does a Dasher’s salary consist of?
First, the base payment for each order is taken as a reference. This payment can range from $ 2 to $ 10, although it can also exceed this figure. The calculation is made taking into account the time it will take to deliver, the convenience of the order, and, of course, the distance.
It is important to appreciate that those deliveries requiring a longer distance will have a higher base salary. These are usually unpopular deliveries among Dashers. For this reason, the base pay is increased, and, in addition, this base pay will not change regardless of the tip offered by the customer.
Other elements that influence pay
In addition to the base salary, some other elements will influence what the Dasher gets paid. These are the most relevant:
That is an additional payment that meets certain preconditions. Within these promotions, the most usual ones can be the following:
- Maximum payment is a model that can be activated and claimed by the delivery person. When activated and available, it is added to the total earnings of the delivery.
- Guaranteed Profit: this is an incentive for certain Dashers who are selected in the program to earn a specific amount. That does not include tips, challenges, or referral payments, within a specified period. Generally, the number of days and the amount will depend on the offer they have received. They can send these offers either by email or SMS.
- Challenges: these are challenges that offer incentives in addition to the base salary and other benefits. Usually, these challenges are related to completing a certain amount of deliveries in a given time.
- Tips: Tips can be given upon payment or after completion of the delivery. The Dasher accesses 100% of the tips, which may add to the base salary and promotions. The base wage never varies regardless of the tip earned.
What is the acceptance screen?
The acceptance screen is where will reflect the proposal for each delivery. It is possible to access information about the minimum amount of income per delivery. Remember that this amount may vary depending on offers and tips.
The platform usually reminds Dashers that tips are not only given at the time of payment. Some customers offer tips after the delivery, which can increase the profit without being reflected on the acceptance screen.
The Dasher will also get information from customers’ previous period posting tips and the updated profit breakdown per delivery.
When are Dashers paid?
There is no single payment method available. That is important because the payment frequency will depend on the chosen method. Therefore, if you want to know when the Dasher will get paid, the first thing to do is select the payout option.
Weekly direct deposit
In this case, a direct deposit payment is made. The payout is weekly and will collect all deliveries made from Monday to Sunday of the previous week. To make this payment, the deadline for deliveries is midnight on Sunday.
These payments are transferred directly to the bank account. The payment processing period can take two to three days: usually, the deposit will be credited on Wednesday nights.
Dasher Fast Pay in the United States and selected parts of Canada
Through Fast Pay, It is possible to collect earnings daily instead of waiting for the weekly deposit. However, there are two things to keep in mind:
- A fee of $1.99 is payable.
- A debit card is required; prepaid cards are not suitable.
That is a Dasher-exclusive debit card that offers instant no-fee deposit capability after every delivery. It is also possible to access 2% cash back on gasoline at any location and a surcharge-free ATM network of up to 20,000 terminals.