Alpha Phi Alpha is a historically Black fraternity (founded over 100 years ago, in 1906) that specialize in building tomorrow’s leaders, with a focus on manly deeds, scholarship and love for all mankind.
The purpose of Alpha Phi Alpha is summed up in seven words that describe their men: “versatile, scholarly, ambitious, gentlemanly, tenacious, obedient and deferent“. These values encompass the goals of the fraternity, and if you think that they apply to you, then you should join!
What are the requirements to join Alpha Phi Alpha?
Alpha Phi Alpha recognizes two types of membership: collegiate members and alumni members.
- Collegiate members have to be attending an accredited college where there is a chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha (not an online school) and have good academic standing.
- Alumni members must have graduated from an accredited college.
The requirements to join Alpha Phi Alpha are:
- 2.5 GPA or more.
- The candidate has successfully completed one semester or two-quarters of a regular year’s program.
- Is a full-time student enrolled for his first academic degree.
- The candidate has a good attitude.
- An active member in good standing hast to recommend the candidate.
How can you join Alpha Phi Alpha?
There are two types of Alpha Phi Alpha memberships:
A candidate can join Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity as a member by applying for membership at a chapter on their campus. The candidate must be an undergraduate student at a four-year college or university.
To join Alpha Phi Alpha as an alumni you can do it online. You need to have a 4 years degree.
How much does it cost to join Alpha Phi Alpha?
The fees depend on each chapter, but generally the cost of join Alpha Phi Alpha is as follows:
A one-time membership payment that goes between $75 – $115 and a yearly payment that depends on your current year during your studies.
- $1,336 for freshmen.
- $1,261 for sophomores.
- $1,186 for juniors.
- $1,111 for seniors.
You need to add around $1,200/year more to this cost if you are living in-house.
- $1,426 for alumni (yearly)
- $3,000 (one payment).
And is it worth it? Of course it is! As a lifetime member of Alpha Phi Alpha, you will be helping future Alphas to succeed in college and in life!