The Home Depot is a retailer whose goal is to sell products related to home improvement. You can find everything in hardware, DIY, and building materials. As one of the largest companies in the world in its field, it has many, many customers and, to thank consumers for their loyalty, it offers credit cards.
Building and remodeling a home is often an expensive process. Although sometimes you don’t have the financial capacity to undertake these projects, you can do it with The Home Depot’s credit cards and pay for it with financing. If you are interested in getting one for home remodeling, here’s how to apply for The Home Depot credit card.
What are The Home Depot credit cards?
Improving the aesthetics of your home is not an economic issue. Purchasing materials is a high cost, not to mention additional payments and labor fees. With The Home Depot credit cards, you can get financing to complete your home projects.
The company currently has two credit cards. Here’s a look at each so you can choose the one that fits your needs.
The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card
This credit card is intended to be used for everyday or frequent purchases. For payments of $299 or more, The Home Depot offers 0% interest for the entire year and additional promotions. Expand your home repair budget with this card. These are its benefits:
- 24 months of financing on special promotions
- One year for returns
- No liability for unauthorized charges
- Credit limit based on your creditworthiness
- Minimum monthly payments
The Home Depot Project Loan Credit Card
True to its name, this card is designed to finance a major home remodel. With a $55,000 line of credit, this card with no annual fees and 84 months of financing features these benefits:
- Six months to purchase everything on your project.
- Fixed monthly payments with flexibility and more time to repay
- No annual fees and up to $55,000 in credit.
If you want to know more about the cards, go to this link https://www.homedepot.com/c/Credit_Center#ConsumerCard.
Steps to apply
You’re ready to apply if you already know which of the two cards is right for you. To have access to either card, you need to meet these minimum requirements:
- Be a U.S. resident
- Be over 18 years old
- Meet the credit score of each card. Visit their website to find out what score you need
Cards can be applied online from their website or in person. Card approval is usually instant if you meet the requirements, and 14 days later, you will receive the card. If you still haven’t heard back within 30 days, The Home Depot will send you an email after 30 days to let you know your credit status.
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Go to the credit card section of their website and select the credit card of your choice. You can copy this link into your browser https://www.homedepot.com/c/Credit_Center#ConsumerCard
- Once you have chosen the card, click on the “Apply Now” button to access the online application
- Fill in the form with your data to apply: name, last name, home address, email, phone number, financial data, date of birth, and social security number
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Click on the “apply” button
If the application is approved, you will receive an email with confirmation and your credit limit. Take this confirmation to a The Home Depot store to receive more information and qualify for the $25 voucher. You have 30 days to use it at any Home Depot store.
To apply in person, follow these instructions:
- Visit the Home Depot store nearest you
- Go to the Special Services department
- Apply and fill out the application with your full name, address, zip code, phone number, date of birth, and social security number
- The person assisting you should give you a waiting time to receive a response by email
Upon approval, a $25 voucher will be sent to you to be used within the next 30 days.
How do you increase your chances of getting a credit card from The Home Depot?
Even if you meet some requirements, card approval is not a total guarantee. Your income and financial aspects still need to be evaluated to decide. Here are some tips to help you have a better chance of getting a card from The Home Depot:
- Record your credit report and check for errors
- If you have any errors, contact the credit bureau to remove the error and, after improving your report, review it again before applying
- Apply for a secured credit card where a deposit is required to build a positive credit history
- Apply for The Home Depot card after you have a positive credit history
If the company decides to decline your application, consider the tips above to improve your terms on your next application.