Dunkin Donuts is one of the most important coffee shop franchises globally. Its popularity has surpassed expectations, and the brand has established itself in 47 countries.
The menu is full of donuts, tea, coffees, sandwiches, frozen drinks, muffins, waffles, and wraps to the delight of its customers.
But does Dunkin take Apple Pay? That’s the question we’ve been asked recently. After extensive research, we can answer this and many other questions in this new post.
Does Dunkin accept Apple Pay?
Of course, it does. This franchise accepts Apple Pay as a form of payment. It has been doing so since 2022, understanding the need to improve the experience for each of its customers.
The app is available for iOS users. You can pay for products consumed in any store from an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. Today we will show you how to do it from each device.
This platform stores the menu for much faster and hassle-free ordering. Now you will have the opportunity to place orders in advance from Apple Watch. This way, you avoid waiting in long lines for a long time.
Set up Apple Pay on devices such as iPhone and Apple Watch
If you want Apple Pay to work on any device, you must activate it. The procedure is simple, and here we tell you how to do it from an iPhone and Apple Watch.
1. Set up Apple Pay on iPhone
- The first step is to visit the “Settings” option on the iPhone.
- Click on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option.
- Click on the “Add Card” button and press the “Continue” option.
- Choose the type of payment you want for a secure setup.
- Add your card information into the system manually. You can also hold the device over the plastic and wait until the system reads the statement.
2. Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch
- To open Apple Wallet on Apple Watch via iPhone, the first thing you need to do is to open Apple Watch.
- Press the “Wallet & Apple Pay” button.
- Choose the alternative identified as “Add Card” and add the credit card information you want to register.
- After adding the card information, do the verification. If everything is in order, you will have set up the app for your payments at any Dunkin Donuts store.
How can you use Apple Pay at Dunkin Donuts stores?
Using the app will depend on the iOS device you will be using, but it will also depend on whether you are in the store or if the app makes the payment.
1. Via iPhone inside the store
- Double click on the button you will see on your right and continue the authentication process indicated by the system.
- Hold your mobile device over the payment reader. You will hear a “ping” sound. You will also see the green check mark or “ready.”
2. Via Apple Watch at any store
- See the button to your right? It’s right on the dial. Perfect… you must click on it twice to complete the procedure.
- Add the access code.
- Place the watch over the payment reader until the transaction is complete.
3. From the Dunkin Donuts app
- Access the Apple Pay option from the Dunkin Donuts app.
- Press the “Order” button.
Add your location and choose between the “Drive-Thru” or “Walk-In” options.
- To choose the food or drink you want, click the “Pay” button.
- Place the order after choosing “Checkout.” The last step is to select “Apple Pay” as your payment method.
Is it possible to get cash back when paying with Apple Pay in stores like Dunkin?
We have answered the following questions, “Does Dunkin take Apple Pay at drive-thru?” and “does Dunkin take Apple Pay in-store?”
We want to clarify another doubt that you have probably asked many times: “Do Apple Pay payments at Dunkin Donuts offer cash back?”.
It is possible as long as the user uses an Apple Pay Card. In this way, cashback will be possible in a secure mode.
So far, there is no limit to getting this benefit. You will get up to 3% cashback every time you execute a transaction.
If you want to know more about eligibility, you can quickly inquire on Apple’s website. The main recommendation is to use an Apple Pay Card if a regular customer.
Advantages of using Apple Pay
Dunkin Donuts and Apple have joined forces to ensure customers can pay more easily. These are the advantages obtained.
- The user will have access to great discounts if they add credit card information to the Apple Pay for Saving system.
- It is a digital wallet that offers the utmost security and convenience. You will no longer carry too many cards to make payments at retail stores like Dunkin.
- It’s perfect for improving effectiveness in terms of payment lines. But that’s not all, as it also significantly reduces the use of cash.
- Paying for food or drinks at Dunkin via Apple Pay is pretty quick.
What other establishments allow Apple Pay as a form of payment?
You can also use this digital wallet to make payments at Baskin Robbins, Chili’s, Chipotle, Firehouse Subs, and KFC.
It is compatible with payment systems at Jack in the Box, In-In-Out, Panera Bread, Starbucks, Taco Bell, Subway, Tropical Smoothie Café, and White Castle.
To expand this information further and find out exactly which establishments support Apple Pay, you can log in to the Apple platform and search for information.
Doing so is extremely simple. From your iPhone, open the Apple Maps app. Search for information about the store you want to visit and choose the “Useful to know” option.
To know that the establishment accepts this form of payment, you will see the Apple Pay logo or the check mark next to the phrase “Accepts Apple Pay.”