It isn’t easy to establish who are the best investors in history because we generally look at recent history. However, some legendary figures, many of them still in operation, have contributed different strategies and investment models that bear their stamp.
Is it possible to know who is the best investor in history?
It is complex to determine who are the best investors in history since, generally, we tend to value only the investors of the modern age and fundamentally of the 20th and 21st centuries.
However, if we were to make a comparative model that could draw parallels, some investors from previous centuries would also enter into this picture.
Today, to measure who are the best investors in history, in addition to results, it is usually assessed whether they have provided differential models or strategies, becoming gurus or references of a certain way or manner of investing.
Some of the best investors in history
These are some of the best investors in history:
- Richard Dennis: is considered one of the benchmarks in investment which, in addition, has defended the possibility that access to invest successfully is within reach of anyone without great investment knowledge.
- John Douglas Arnold: is considered one of the main investors in commodities, specifically natural gas. He has been one of the most influential investors in the last decades of the 20th century.
- Steve Cohen: like most of those on this list, he is a hedge fund manager and happens to be one of the most successful investors over time. He started at the beginning of the last decade of the past century and is considered one of those with the highest volume of operations and profits.
- George Soros is a legendary investor who also has used different financial tools and vehicles beyond hedge funds. He is one of the richest and most influential men in the world.
- John Paulson: the hedge fund run by this investment guru is one of the world’s leading hedge funds, a legendary investor who operated for decades, achieving some of the best results in hedge funds.
- Warren Buffet: represents the ultimate exponent of Value investing. He is considered one of the most influential investors in the world with a less aggressive philosophy but based on seeking sustainable returns in the medium and long term.
What do the best investors in history have in common?
There is no common profile that determines all those considered to be the best investors in history. However, in most cases, we find some relevant aspects such as: perseverance, education and sound investment criteria and capital management.