Apprenticeship 2020 - Project Management Consultancy - Heathrow
- Deadline: CLOSED
- Entry Requirements:96 UCAS (for qualifications achieved after 2017) or 240 (for qualifications achieved before 2017)., .
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
This Apprenticeship at Heathrow Airport. Entry requirements for this role are 112 UCAS points (for qualifications achieved after 2017) or 280 UCAS points (for qualifications achieved before 2017).
Mace has a vision to be the industry leader in helping shape cities and build sustainable communities. As an apprentice working in project management, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the whole lifecycle of a construction project, from when a client has an idea through to handing over the finished project and then supporting our clients manage the property or building on an ongoing basis. These projects could be in a variety of sectors, for example it could be a school, hospital, home, office or retail outlet.
Project management involves managing the cost, quality and programme of a project to ensure it is delivered on time, within budget and to the client’s expectations. The project manager represents and advises the client at all stages of the project, keeping them briefed and making sure their views are communicated to the team. You will be involved in every stage of the project lifecycle supporting senior project managers in:
- Establishing the client’s requirements and developing this into a client brief
- Working with architects, engineers, and clients to develop the design of the project
- Preparing bid documents needed to help the client select which contractor should manage the build of the project
- Administering contracts
- Building relationships with key stakeholders who might be affected by the build of the project, such as the local community
- Producing and monitoring project programmes to ensure the project is delivered on time
- Communicating regularly with the team responsible for managing the physical build of the project, including construction managers, subcontractors and quantity surveyors - your role throughout the construction phase will involve recording, reporting and helping to resolve problems that might arise
- Producing various reports to update the client on progress and budget
- Closing out and handing over the completed project to the client so they can use the building.
Project Management Apprentices are supported in working towards a 5 year BSc Construction Management Degree and you will be supported towards accreditation with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Association of Project Managers (APM).