Chiller Service Engineer Apprentice
- Salary: Competitive
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Entry Requirements: ., .
- Qualification Gained: Professional Qualification
- Show Hide locations
Who we are
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH A FOCUS ON TOMORROW!
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a BTEC Diploma in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
How you will do it
The aim would be to progress the apprentice through both college for technical qualifications and provide practical exposure / experience where you will learn how to carry out repairs and preventative maintenance of HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning), as well as chiller systems and assets.
What we look for
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum - in Math, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering and working in the Fire and Security industry